Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the soltice should win hands down. I have never seen so much postive comments on any new car as this baby.The style is the first of its kind with ten thousand orders in and most of us never got to test drive the car we bought. The price makes is also is very important.The big brothers may have more horsepower and more bells and whistles but this car is the most exciting new product in more than twenty five years.THIS CAR REALLY TURNS HEADS. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
dave clancy said:
I think the soltice should win hands down. I have never seen so much postive comments on any new car as this baby.The style is the first of its kind with ten thousand orders in and most of us never got to test drive the car we bought. The price makes is also is very important.The big brothers may have more horsepower and more bells and whistles but this car is the most exciting new product in more than twenty five years.THIS CAR REALLY TURNS HEADS. :)
can i get an AMEN!!! :yesnod:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I have a feeling it will be in contention.

Do you specifically mean the Motortrend COY award? If so, they generally base it on "the most significant all new vehicle" which includes a number of criteria. Included in that the car must move the market segment it is in significantly forward, market significance, price in it's class, etc.

The Solstice should do well against those criteria. The new Miata hurts how far the Sol moves the market, but with the number of cars sold already it is definately significant in it's market segment, and it's price is outstanding, and it performances well in it's price range (and in some areas, outside of it's price range). It is certainly a contender.

There are certain to be other good new contenders too. For one, the new BMW 3 series will probably get a lot of consideration. That car is always a favorite of the press. The return of the Charger, which is a good car at a good price in it's own right. Chevy's HHR, but I don't think it is a big enough leap from the PT Cruiser to win a COY award. The new Ford Fusion is coming out. I am sure I have missed a number of other new vehicles for 2006 too that will be strong contenders.

·
Registered
142 Posts
dave clancy said:
:agree:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts