Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see below for information regarding production I recevied as the result of an email to Chris Ayotte, Pontiac Small Car Marketing Manager.

"_________, good to hear from you. Yes, we are making excellent progress approaching our July goals. We are currently on track to start shipping vehicles by the end of July or early August (First 1,000). Dealers orders will then follow. Dealer orders should start being produced as early as mid-to-late August timeframe. Leather interiors are available, however, because demand is so high right now for well-equipped models, we are working with our suppliers to increase capacity of certain options including leather. Should not be a problem going forward although some dealers who received limited order allocation last week had to equip some orders with cloth b/c of leather's high demand. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Chris"

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Well he seems to be very optomistic. Thats good.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Chrysler & Ford offering employee discounts

This note just saved me from heading to my nearest Chrysler dealer to test drive (again) the crossfire...limited edition now priced with all options at $34K...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds pretty good!!!!

I can't wait until someone on this forum actually gets a car and can post their
smiling face sitting in it. :)

Sounds like to me that production will start as early as next week (7/11).
Which is in line with a one week shut down this year.

With 2 weeks to start getting cars out they could ship by the end of july!!!!

I am still hopeful on the mid-august timeframe, but you never know I might get lucky being within 100 miles on the plant!!!!!

Money saved, loan secured, surprised I am sleeping at night!!!!!!!!

GM push that big green start button!!!!!!!!!!! :agree:

Later!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
All good news :)

because demand is so high right now for well-equipped models
Same thing we saw in the polls here, everyone getting lots of bells and whistles in their car (marketing lesson offer a 20k car and people will run it up to 24k).

Dealer orders should start being produced as early as mid-to-late August timeframe
Nice for you first allocation people, right on the heels of the first 1000 :)

we are working with our suppliers to increase capacity of certain options including leather. Should not be a problem going forward
Just like I thought, short-term supplier issue ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
This note just saved me from heading to my nearest Chrysler dealer to test drive (again) the crossfire...limited edition now priced with all options at $34K...
my friend has one and i spent all weekend driving around in one. did you think the ride was really harsh? the seats were hard too which didnt help. i would have been interested in one until then. i could live with the ride if the engine wasn't so anemic. 215 hp from a v6 just doesnt cut it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
godspeed06 said:
my friend has one and i spent all weekend driving around in one. did you think the ride was really harsh? the seats were hard too which didnt help. i would have been interested in one until then. i could live with the ride if the engine wasn't so anemic. 215 hp from a v6 just doesnt cut it.
That does seem quite low for a 6.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Bought_It said:
Sounds pretty good!!!!

I can't wait until someone on this forum actually gets a car and can post their
smiling face sitting in it. :)

Later!
Forget the pictures, we need to form a buddy system where anyone in a given area actually getting a car drives to those in the same area to allow them to see it, sit in it etc. Seems like the least the First 1000 people could do for their buddies on the forum.

Wait a minute, I forgot that the last post we are going to get is

"Dealer called. Car arrived gotta go........"

·
5,641 Posts
Chris Ayotte said:
.......shipping..........
Interesting how Pontiac again uses the word "shipping" where the EOP Call Center uses "delivery". In fact, Chris says nothing at all about customer delivery, just production and shipping.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
AHH! True, and good catch SD. Now everyone think back to SDs thread about 'shipping' times. Just because the cars are shipped mid July doesn't mean you 1K guys are going to see them in July! It could be August by the time they get to your dealership. Think about it!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sales manager at my dealer said they should make it to his dealership in a few days. I am close to Columbus,OH and he said that we are in the same district as Columbus.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Read the fine print

dori-san said:
AHH! True, and good catch SD. Now everyone think back to SDs thread about 'shipping' times. Just because the cars are shipped mid July doesn't mean you 1K guys are going to see them in July! It could be August by the time they get to your dealership. Think about it!
Is there any fine print on the First 1000 deal that ends up with the dealer having the car to show off for x number of days before delivery????

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
No, but as I said in another thread... MY dealership is getting one 1K and the guy is a good friend of the dealerships owner, so he's agreeing to leave his car there for the first week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts