Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I had a set of stock Solstice painted wheels stripped and powder coated an oddball color and now I don't know what to do about the center caps. I didn't realize at the time that the stock ones were plastic and cannot be powder coated.

If I can find something metal that fits I'm in business. I found this website:
Aftermarket Center Caps

Unfortunately they don't give sizes for the caps, they go by vehicle. And a friendly email to them gave me a stock "we cannot guarantee fitment for your vehicle blah blah blah" response. I'm like, just tell me the size hole the damn things are supposed to stick into!

Anybody know about such things? Are all aluminum wheel center cap holes basically the same size? They aren't cheap or I'd just take a gamble on a set and see.

Thanks for any suggestions or help! My only other option is to have some fabrication shop cut me some circles out of metal to glue in there.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paint them yourself!
That's the problem. I can't find the right shade. It's a really weird color I painted them. Nothing matches. I suppose I could take it to an auto-body shop and have them try and match it but every time I take something to an auto body shop it takes them months to get to it.

And - I'm color blind. For real.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
:dunno:You can do it, ask for help, close to where u r. I have a Pantone color book, but you are a long ways away.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Don't know what color you had done but a couple of options would be black (it goes with anything ) or yellow the color of your car or if you really wanted to trick them out have the wheel pinstriped a nice contrasting stripe and then do the cap the same color

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used "Grey Classic 314" (Coating Colors- Jasper, Georgia)

It looks way different in real life, but here's a photo of one of the wheels.

But...
Nobody knows about center cap sizing standards? Is there any sort of standard to them? If I buy a generic center cap is it likely to fit a similarly generic wheel?? Or is everything custom?

I'd really like to powdercoat the center caps to match the rest of the wheels. To me that's the only option.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
Have them painted. Pick up a spare set to use while they are being painted. Any good auto painter can match the color. I have three sets of painted center caps, all plastic and all match my wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts