Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
kwil,

Thanks for all the info. Appears we've traveled the same road searching for a replacement cup holder. Kinda like that salt shaker in Margaritaville. I've had my console over two years and love it. I don'r buy big fountain style drinks or have coffee cups without steps for car use, so this meets my needs for function, appearance convenience and sturdiness. When my driver's door was sealed shut by the semi kiss last May I had to crawl over the console to exit and enter more times than I want to remember. I don't fold up very well anymore. The console never even creaked. (I did!) Quality product. You did a nice job with the metal inserts. Now we have information for a new mod for a mod...

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Thank you for the information. Angie sent me the size at 3 inches by 2 inches deep but after spending hours looking at scores of cup holders I found nothing in metal. Some were close but if 3 inches dia they were too deep. If 2 inches deep they way too wide. Amazing what is available and for uses I've never heard of, like poker cup inserts for card playing tables!

I will give these a try. An interference fit works for me.

Richard Snipes
I ordered and just received the cupholders that Kwil posted. The fit was perfect. Not quite as tight as the OEM holders which, for me, makes them easier to remove and clean. The pictures on eBay appear to show a hole in the bottom of the holder. There is no hole in the cup holder, just in the rubber bottom that is glued in the holder. All in all, a nice improvement.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bill, Good to know. I queried the seller about it and he assured me the ones I would get are like the one view of the insert upside down showing a solid bottom. You have confirmed it. Hopefully they will arrive this week. Thank you for the follow up.

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Going to order a set. More pics to those who have them....please.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bill, Good to know. I queried the seller about it and he assured me the ones I would get are like the one view of the insert upside down showing a solid bottom. You have confirmed it. Hopefully they will arrive this week. Thank you for the follow up.

Richard Snipes
Again, the pic on the Ebay page is a bit deceiving. There is no hole in the metal. But there is a 1/4 inch hold in the rubber/foam lining. If you end up using the holder to hold spare change, the foam liner will prevent the change from moving around a bunch, and it'll likely absorb a bit of condensation from your drink. That's why I left mine on.
I have no idea why the hole in the liner is there though, maybe to aid in the manufacturing process.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Again, the pic on the Ebay page is a bit deceiving. There is no hole in the metal. But there is a 1/4 inch hold in the rubber/foam lining. If you end up using the holder to hold spare change, the foam liner will prevent the change from moving around a bunch, and it'll likely absorb a bit of condensation from your drink. That's why I left mine on.
I have no idea why the hole in the liner is there though, maybe to aid in the manufacturing process.
left mine in there too. same reason.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Great fit. Only slightly shallower than original but no problem holding a tall latte. Tried it this morning.
Thanks for posting the pics. Looks great.??

21 - 29 of 29 Posts