1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
346 Posts
I usually go right to Amazon,put in my vehicle and then find the item.It will tell you if it fits when you put your info in.I typed in the metra # you posted,could not find it,I already have my 07 Solstice store in that site and if it is a fit I get a green check mark.Again the part # did not come up at all.This in its self really doesn't mean allot because they may not have that # listed.I will do more research and get back to you.I am in the middle of installing a Pioneer double din head unit myself.I purchased a Metra 95-3302 for my install are you sure that is the right #?

·
Registered
350 Posts
It is a double DIN radio so it should work. You will still need the associated wiring harness. There are plenty of good units outs there, what made you choose this one?

Do you have the monsoon system in your car?
To install an aftermarket radio in a monsoon you need GMOS-LAN-04, if it is not a monsson, you need GMOS-LAN-03.

I just installed a sony double din dvd/nav/BT/backup in my car from my old car.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am in the middle of installing a Pioneer double din head unit myself.I purchased a Metra 95-3302 for my install are you sure that is the right #?
Did you not want to retain the chimes and what not? I was not concerned with them but the more I read, the more I learned problems could occur bypassing them. Weird things not working anymore or sporadic problems.

I had the 04 cable for my last car and this car needed the 03 cable as this one is not a monsoon.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a friend in SugarLand Texas ,he is really into Audio and also is in the business of installing commercial and residential audio video equipment.He installed this exact same one and raved about it.I got this for a good price also but now it is really adding up.GM13SR at Best Buy and other places ranges from $129.00 to around $149.00 some places more.He also told me to price shop on Amazon and use that price so Best Buy will honor it.It saved me around $50.00 ,now for the GMOS-LAN-04 again could buy it from $179.00 to $139.00,found one of them on Amazon for like $72.00.
You are correct best to put it back to as close to factory as possible so I elected to get the steering wheel control ASCW which keeps all the wheel controls,the GM13SR for the chimes ,bells and whistles.
I do have the Monsoon Amp and the only thing I will miss is the 6 cd changer in my stock radio.I do hope I get better reception ,I have heard stories also ,one of them is that the radio is matched to the antenna gain so when you change them out you can loose around 20% of the original reception.Again stories,will not know till I get it installed.

·
Registered
346 Posts
As I said cost is adding up
AVIC X940BT Ebay $470.00 used
Pioneer GEX 920 Xm tuner Ebay 53.50
ASWC steering wheel control Ebay $39.95 plus tax 3.19
Traffic tuner Ebay $60.00
Pyle PLCM18BC Backup camera Ebay $29.53
GM13SR Best Buy to match Amazon $52.00
Antenna adapter again Best Buy to match Amazon $4.95
Metra 95-3302 Ebay $10.85
Still adding up with at least $200.00 for Best Buy to do some of the install.
Still spending money as we speak.What happened to just purchasing a radio and speakers,when did it get so involved?

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
When they started putting the normal car sounds into the sound system. That draws intense vacuum.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts