Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over at the Miata forum there's a lot of discussion on the Solstice :smile

Here's a link to their "next generation" thread. Put the word Solstice in search and see how many threads come up. They seem all twisted about the weight of 2800 lbs...the Miata is really light weight so 2800 seems way out of line to them.

http://forum.miata.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=42

·
Registered
281 Posts
eh, seems like a fair bunch of folks overall. a nice debate. some seem to realize that the stice is not meant as a direct competitor to the miata, and others seem to have their head so far up their ass to realize that GM has surpased all but toyota and honda in JD Power surveys. i have no doubt that, stock vs stock, the new miata will outhandle a solstice, but i want a car with more overall balance. and, the stice seems like a good candidate. as long as i like it, i'll buy one.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solstice is a direct competitor of Miata...other than weight they match up on all major categories (length, width, price..).

Solstice will also steal some buyers from S2000, MR2 and Z4 on price difference alone (15k less). Future higher-end Solstice models might compete more directly with the higher end roadsters but might come from another GM division.

·
Registered
281 Posts
well, not to me i guess. they are in the same class, but i would buy each for different reasons. im confusing, i know. :smile

·
Registered
118 Posts
mceb said:
Solstice will also steal some buyers from S2000, MR2 and Z4 on price difference alone (15k less). Future higher-end Solstice models might compete more directly with the higher end roadsters but might come from another GM division.
Good point, I could see the S/C Solstice taking on even the base Boxster, assuming they can get the handling right. Of course, a new Boxster model is on the way in the near future, so I am sure they will improve it. Obviously, a true Porsche fan would never degrade themselves in a Solstice, but true Porsche fans buy 911s anyway :)

I would argue that the Solstice definitely has better looks than the Miata, S2000, MR2 and Z4 all.

·
Registered
192 Posts
WARNING WARNING MIATA OWNER POSTING
I love the Solstice styling! Would recommend waiting for the SC version in order to accelerate well with those beautiful big wheels, though.[/END MIATA OWNER WARNING]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts