Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autoweek (4/11) had a quick poll on the new MX-5. Couldn't resist sharing this this one response sent in by a reader (sorry Miata guys)...

I can hardly believe I'm saying this but I think my next roadster might be coming from General Motors. The new Miata may be a super performer but it has as much sex appeal as a freight train.

·
Registered
316 Posts
mceb said:
Autoweek (4/11) had a quick poll on the new MX-5. Couldn't resist sharing this this one response sent in by a reader (sorry Miata guys)...

:agree:

One of the reasons I never seriously considered owning one. And one of the biggest reasons I like the Solstice...sex on wheels gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I have owned my Miata for four years and I'm ready to move up with respect to styling. Four years ago I didn't have an option for the same type of price (in my estimation) but now I do. I'm hoping that in a few short days my forum name will be changing. :party: :party:

·
Registered
192 Posts
mceb said:
The new Miata may be a super performer but it has as much sex appeal as a freight train. ... (sorry Miata guys)...
Hey, no problem. Styling is rather subjective and transitory. I wouldn't be surprised if the Solstice looks hot for a year or two and then looks dated whereas the Miata could have a more classic appeal for some people. But don't listen to me, I'd rather have a BMW 507 (with detachable hardtop, of course). ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
robrecht said:
..... I'd rather have a BMW 507 ...
You have good taste in automobiles. The 507 has classic lines.

Regarding the MX-5 styling, I'm appreciating it more as I see more photos. It's one of the few cars today that still has a relatively low belt line.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tcl said:
Regarding the MX-5 styling, I'm appreciating it more as I see more photos. It's one of the few cars today that still has a relatively low belt line.
Thought NC was typical bathtub feeling?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea your right, you do sit up a little. Not so much as previous Miata but kind of in between.

Nice, you guys get to sit in your pre-launch car :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
tcl said:
My understanding is that you sit a little lower than in the previous version but the beltline still looks low to me (especially in comparison to my last car). Take a look at the 2nd shot on the link below posted by a miata.net forum member:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze485kh/id4.html
Cool pics. Check out the bottom of p. 9 for a real trunk and a video of the top going up and down. There's something to be said for styling where form follows function or something like that. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts