Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like the Curve will start not long after:

GM announced that it will begin producing a Saturn sports car at the plant in early 2006, using the same Kappa platform as the Solstice

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks, great local news from DE. Mid-2005 production start...hope they stay on schedule.

Build 'em with pride! :blueangel

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's nice to know they are narrowing in on a definite production start date. Makes it easier to plan that way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yea i would like to know a date for sure so i can plan on when to get the car eventho i want the S/C version and its gonna come out later then the NA car so i wont know a date on that for a while but i can wait and save up my money

·
Registered
281 Posts
mitchpin12 said:
Yea i would like to know a date for sure so i can plan on when to get the car eventho i want the S/C version and its gonna come out later then the NA car so i wont know a date on that for a while but i can wait and save up my money
i think im gonna get the NA and csc or turbo it later. i think the stock SC will be too much of a hindrance to power.

edit: that is, if THIS is gonna be the unit they use.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
Looks like the Curve will start not long after:
Nope, will not be the Curve. The Curve is not buildable. It may, however, look something like a Curve. Or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bizz said:
i think im gonna get the NA and csc or turbo it later. i think the stock SC will be too much of a hindrance to power.

edit: that is, if THIS is gonna be the unit they use.
i highly doubt that it won't void GM warranty tho:(

·
Registered
281 Posts
they can only not warranty aftermarket parts you put on, stock parts you alter or parts that they can prove failed as a result of your modifications.

in other words, if you add an aftermarket power-adder they cant refuse to fix a bad power-steering pump, door pull, leaky roof, etc.

but, that leaves big-ticket items like the tranny, internal engine componenets and rear end. so there is risk. :smile

oh yeah, and a lot of dealers are begining to refuse to warranty bad MAF sensors due to KN-type oil/gauze filters being over oiled. so be careful!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts