Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I was driving up M5 and noticed a very low sitting OE tiger striped, camouflaged car... As I got closer, it appeared to look like a Ferrari....however, when we rolled to the stop light, I saw that it appeared to be the new C8 mid-engined Corvette. Chevy sticker on the laptop was also a dead giveaway. It had the notorious round taillights....and something I found very interesting. The exhaust was actually set directly behind the front wheel. Obviously they still haven't worked out the plumbing...but it was mid engine'd and appeared to have Corvette style rear fascia and lights. I only had sight of it for about 8 seconds and it quickly turned right on 13 Mile Road.... There are a lot of suppliers in that area...so I figured one of the suppliers was working on something for it. And I was extremely pressed for time, or I would have chased him as I was in my Scat Charger....

(Will post on Sky Forum as well)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check my dash cam and see if I got any video of it in the morning. I doubt it as it's not a very big mem card...

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Cool sighting, other than the online shots I doubt I'll see one in the flesh until they are sold. Current rumors is since Kerbecks is now accepting deposits for the C8 that it's reveal might be as soon as the New York Auto Show. But it's also being reported that Chevy had a glitch with the 48V system, and it might not be released until the end of 19. So far I'm feeling a little underwhelmed by the silhouette because it looks so derivative of all mid engine cars. Regardless, I'm sure it will be a hit for Chevy. Now, if only GM offered an entry-level sports car, like say reintroducing a new Solstice :devil:

·
Registered
72 Posts
if chevy ever had the balls to reintro the solstice they would sell a lot of them. seems like a good choice to me.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Something must be up in the Vette world right now dealers are sitting on 9000 cars in inventory and there are some big discounts to be had out there . My guess is everyone is waiting for the mid engine to come out probably sooner than later as the signs point to this .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts