Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

We are planning a summer July 13th car run to Eldon Mo. This is a halfway point from St Louis to Kansas City. We are hoping to get together to run some back roads to Eldon, meet up with some Kansas City Kappa and have a fun time.

A block of 10 rooms (more can be added) have been set at the Americas Best Value Inn in Eldon Missouri. If you call to book a room make sure you go under the Sky/Sol Car Run

Cost is from $74-$78 for each room. Cut off date to hold the rooms is July 1st. Come on out and have some fun running with some other Kapp owners.

Attendees

RMFN
Jack19
bb kaylor
LINK TO HOTEL

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might be interested. I do not see a group for Kansas City. Am I missing something?

Not missing anything, the group from St Louis are hoping that a group of Kappas from Kansas City will see this and decide to meet up. I have no firm numbers yet of attendees. Right now I have maybes from 4 in St Louis. Hope to have more.

We just decided to make a Halfway point from St Louis and Kansas City in hopes of getting a lot of interest.

If you know of a group from the area please pass it on.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ok thanks! I know a few owners and have contact info for them. I'll follow your link for the hotel for now. Obviously a good list of activities as, the time gets nearer will help me sell it. Also ill check the family plans in the next few days.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
This event is opened to all Solstice and Sky owners regardless of their location. The Mid Missouri location was chosen in hopes that people from all over the state and from other states would attend.

The St. Louis Solstice and Sky Group is a group of Kappa owners who get together a few times a year for cruises and other events. There are a few members in the Kansas City area. If you would like to be added to the mailing list please PM me your E-mail address.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I have to clear it with the CEO, but tentatively put both of us down as attendees! :thumbs:

UPDATE: The Wife CEO has green-stamped this, so we will be there with the Coupe! Let us know the times for the meet-and-greet, etc.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks! I know a few owners and have contact info for them. I'll follow your link for the hotel for now. Obviously a good list of activities as, the time gets nearer will help me sell it. Also ill check the family plans in the next few days.

The activities will be on the run to the hotel. The run from St Louis is approx 200 miles all back roads.:cool:

I'm sure back roads from Kansas City can be found. The main activity will be a pizza and brews at the hotel and a chance to meet up with other Kappa Owners. The Lake of the Ozark is only 15 minutes from the hotel so each person is welcome to make a run down to the Ozarks.

Hopefully we can make this a anuual event for the Owners in the Central part of the country.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I think winter's grip on the St. Louis area is going to have to break before people start showing interest in either of the planned events. I will be at both of them.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
My trip is back on. I'll be in town. Not sure about the overnight bit. I'm in with my wife and kids and visiting family on my mid-tour. I don't think I can carve out a whole weekend. I'll do what I can, though.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
I sent an email out to the KC group yesterday.

I talked to my Mom last night, and before I mentioned this she said that they would be in KC that day for a friend's birthday party...so definitely no BBQ at Etterville this year.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
So has anybody called the hotel besides me??:(

Attendees

RMFNSKY
Jack19
GODROD ?
ShowMeSky
bb kaylor
Skylite?
Well, we are going to have to cancel. We have family coming in that Friday and staying with us over the weekend. Hopefully next time. Sorry folks! :(

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
We are sorry that we won't be able to meet with you guys this year. We got back from Texas this morning. We have to make two more trips down in July.

In addition, my Mom & Dad will be up here in Leavenworth from Eldon that weekend...timing stinks for us, but we hope that you all have fun.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
I talked to Red Hot's co-driver the other day at the store and she thought they may be able to make it...that adds another John to the mix along with Amy. They ran with us the first year.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts