1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes,
really am enjoying my Solstice.
It's stock as far as I know :
Automatic 2.4 2007 Chrome wheels gray and tan inside, here's some pictures 27,000 miles , looks new!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in Alabama Wendell , let the Mod's began.
Not going too wild but I do like the GXP front bumper and want Norms splinter for the GXP front.
Also want the stock rear spoiler.
Wonder what it will take to make the rear exhaust duel?
Want to un-restrict the exhaust because I want to add a supercharger to wake up the engine, although the 177 hp 2.4 is quite spirited a little more hp would be welcomed.
Header and larger cad, supercharger and a good tune.......anyone have an idea of the gains I can expect?
I want to give it the looks of a stock GXP kind of and maybe a little better performance .
I read some don't like my gray and tan interior , but I have to say it is my favorite part of the car, only change in there will be the two cup holder center mod, other than that love the inside.
Dark Blue, Tan Top, Gray and Tan interior, this is my favorite combination of all GM made and car has nice options.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to Everyone for the welcome,
I have been really busy with my new promotion.......I hope I survive all the extra work Ha! Ha! Ha!
Body was pretty straight but had three little dings, the one by the gas fill was caused by careless fill up I would guess, my guess about the other two, one on the hood and one on the trunk lid, maybe from slamming with a heavy wedding band on?
A few scratches that should buff out, going to put it in the body shop before too long to install GXP front bumper and make it all straight, as clean as this all is, should make it look as brand new as you could get.
Been wanting a Solstice since they came out, and I lucked up on this one. I spent over a year looking for an MGB , found my Red one with just 33,000 mile on it, third owner and she has lived in a garage all her life, looks brand new my little MissB'haven < what I call her. Had her about 3 years 35,000 miles on her now. Was offered twice what I bought it for the day I drove it home, no way Jose, go find your own and good luck ever finding one like this.

·
Premium Member
17,538 Posts
DDM is working on their new supercharger kit. It should be available soon. A winter project I would guess. Currently your only option is a turbo shich in my opinion is more challenging to install and get working well.

Good luck with your mods. I personally like the interior colors. Goes well with the blue

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
You might want to try dentless repair before any body work or repaint. It's amazing how they can work small dents & dings out.

I'm more a fan of the Aftershock rear spoiler because it flows nicely w/the Sols body.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chop top you are right that spoiler flows but the aftershock site will not come up for me and no way to get it. The stock one looks alright.
Going to have to paint anyway and I have a guy that will blend it so well you would never know.
Rob I am in no hurry and want the supercharger , like the way they work, turbo lag annoys me. (280ZX Turbo, liked it except for the lag)
Wish he had not been so effected by his dads death, would really like to have some of the recessed grills he made.
I still remember when I lost my dad and my son, had a good cry and life went on.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rudy was last on this forum last June: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/1850001-post31.html

RK Sports was the manufacturer that was making the spoiler for Aftershock, but they won't make one unless it is ordered by Rudy (SOLster).

Best bet would be to email Rudy, I think his email is listed in some of his threads.

The web site is still active: AFTERSHOCKPRODUCTS.COM

Good Luck!

:thumbs:

All I get is a blank white page when I click on the link to aftershockproducts.com

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
All I get is a blank white page when I click on the link to aftershockproducts.com
Be patient, he has an animation that comes up in a fairly short time, then you have to click on the word "enter", after which the rest of the page is displayed.

It is kind of artsy-fartsy to me, but you have to remember that Rudy is a designer . . .

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The artsy-fartsy crap will not load on my Apple Safari browser, can you post a link to take me right to the spoiler page?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
The artsy-fartsy crap will not load on my Apple Safari browser, can you post a link to take me right to the spoiler page?
I think you are S-O-L. His entire web site is done in Adobe Flash. You'll either have to use a different Flash-Enabled browser or try some other way.

I'm on my iPad right now so I can sympathize . . .

:dunno:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
FWIW I just verified that his entire web site is just one great big Flash presentation. Good Luck!

:dunno:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts