Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VIN 890 - I noticed you were in MN, what city are you in? And is your dealer more helpful than mine?!!

MN, WI, SD, ND, an IA - What VINs and cities are you in?

We are in Arlington (VIN 213). That is in the middle of a bunch of cornfields between Waconia and Mankato. FYI.

·
Registered
676 Posts
any word on when yours will arrive? still waiting in the Milwaukee area for word on delivery

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evidentally I made a big enough stink about my dealer not being helpful. Pontiac just called me and said my car had not been released from the plant yet. (oh for pete's sake, it was built and 'placed in transit as of 8/16!) She said the dealer should be calling the business center each week for status on delivery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heather; VIN #890 is in Waconia. The reason i know this is that I'm the dealer for him in Waconia. We are trying to be as helpful as we can with the information that is avalible to us. Enjoy yours and if i can be of any help let me know. Tim Hol .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Midwest VIN 494

v6plus2 said:
Heather; VIN #890 is in Waconia. The reason i know this is that I'm the dealer for him in Waconia. We are trying to be as helpful as we can with the information that is avalible to us. Enjoy yours and if i can be of any help let me know. Tim Hol .
Great, now that there is a dealer on this forum from my dealership I can't call there anymore annoying them with the line "My sources tell me..." :lol:

Welcome aboard Heather and V6Plus2...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I am 40 miles north of Green Bay. No. 23 is scheduled for delivery tommorrow, but since it wasn't listed as shipped until Sept 6 I am thinking another couple of weeks. See my thread on getting togther at Road America Sept 18th. If anyone is interested let me know.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Heather, and V6plus2 (I know you).

I'm in the western burbs of the Twin Cities, and my dealership in Wauconia has been tremendous throughout this process. I've called my salesman, the general manager, and V6plus2 often to bug them for details, and they've always been extremely gracious, understanding (of my anxiety) and helpful. V6plus2 is the one that was constantly checking the GM system for news on their two 1st 1000 cars. The second they learned of my Sol's birthday (Tuesday Sept. 9) they called me.

Anxious to get my Sol, hoping it's the first one I see on the road, but if I see you or RadRiv around I'll definitely wave and stop so we can compare our new rides. I already promised RadRiv a ride as he appears to be a bit behind us.

Best of luck getting your Sol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
VIN 339 in Ellendale, North Dakota

I have VIN 339 and live in southcentral North Dakota - just five miles from the South Dakota border. Scheduled delivery date was 9/15, but that does not seem to be realistic anymore. Car arrived in Ohio this morning and is awaiting transport to Dilworth, MN - once it arrives there by rail it will be trucked to Ellendale. Dealer is thinking 9/23 or so.

·
Registered
462 Posts
radermkj said:
Car arrived in Ohio this morning and is awaiting transport to Dilworth, MN - once it arrives there by rail it will be trucked to Ellendale. Dealer is thinking 9/23 or so.
radermkj,
How did you find this out?

·
Registered
45 Posts
My dealer said he talked to somebody (apparently a "she") - I didn't ask who it was, but I would guess it was somebody at headquarters. A while ago he said he had a contact there, so maybe that is who it is. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey Midwest folks-
First post here, but have been reading the forum for awhile. Have car ordered, but not first 1000. Sitting about 75 miles norhtwest of Twin Cities in
MN. Have not seen one, but would love to. Perhaps a central gathering when cars show up ;)
Sunfun

·
Registered
42 Posts
Vin#768, still waiting in WI. Don't really think I'll see it before mid October. My dealer has been helpful. They have 3 of the first 1000 coming in and my guess is they will all come at the same time. Hopefully the midwest ones will arriving so we can enjoy a ride or two before the snow falls.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey 890 and dealer... : Thanks for the reply. It feels better not being the 'lone ranger' here in no where land! I think we are going to bring the car to the Waconia dealer for oil changes and the like since you have been bit more accomodationg, etc. I hope we need an oil change soon! :yesnod:

·
Registered
14 Posts
PAS22 said:
I am 40 miles north of Green Bay. No. 23 is scheduled for delivery tommorrow, but since it wasn't listed as shipped until Sept 6 I am thinking another couple of weeks. See my thread on getting togther at Road America Sept 18th. If anyone is interested let me know.
mr ed #777 UP of mich.sounds great if ole sol comes in.no invoice as of 9 sept.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mr ed said:
mr ed #777 UP of mich.sounds great if ole sol comes in.no invoice as of 9 sept.

There are several EOP people (some with, most without cars yet) that are interested in an Elkart Lake get together. Could become an annual thing. Will let you know if my car gets delivered this week, its presently awaiting escape from Buckeye country! :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Heather said:
Hey 890 and dealer... : Thanks for the reply. It feels better not being the 'lone ranger' here in no where land! I think we are going to bring the car to the Waconia dealer for oil changes and the like since you have been bit more accomodationg, etc. I hope we need an oil change soon! :yesnod:
Heather: just stopped by my dealer in Waconia. My #890 shipped on Thursday, they think its a matter of days (10-15 business days or so). They told me that they'll let me know it's arrived after a couple days of driving it around. (They assured me they were kidding.) I hope yours arrives soon. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you drive to Arlington, stop at my house so I can see it!!!!! I am so jealous! They still have not released mine from the plant (that I know of) so yours will most likely be here first. Really - if you are cruzing come see me. I am only 5'3'' tall and am really courious to know if I can see over the dash.

Hwy 25 is all torn up so you have to cut over to Cologne right now and take 212. After Young America turn left (south) on 25 and follow to Arlington, which is 13 miles. I dont want to post my address, but everyone in town knows me. Stop at the Arlington Haus or the Post Office and ask where 'Heather from the Post Office' lives. (Our last name sucks so I am pretty much Post Office Heather.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.