Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've been talking with some Skys and they'd like to start a Midwest Kappa Club with us. It started out as just an Illinois club with separate clubs for us and the Sky's, but we think it may be better to combine efforts all around. We can always have separate regional chapters.

Anyway, we were thinking we could get together maybe once a month or so. Attend events together...all that good stuff! Make up some shirts or patches. Have some small dues ($5?) to cover any expenses. I'm hearing they've found some good bylaws that have worked well for the Mustangs and Vettes.

Since it sounds like the NEO/PA people are having so much fun running, we should too! Thought I'd throw it out there!

What's everyone think? PM me or post your thoughts/ideas! I'm crashing the Sky Party tomorrow up in Downers Grove and plan to discuss it more with the Skys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SkyHi07 said:
GREAT idea!
I wonder where it came from?!?! Hmmm...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, I've gotten some feedback already. We'll chat tomorrow!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
You've got th e right idea. Sols may have been first out the chute, but We all need the support and guidance from everone. (That's one of teh reasons the NEO/PA has been trying to get Skys to participate in all the activities (2 attended 6/24)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
achieftain said:
You've got th e right idea. Sols may have been first out the chute, but We all need the support and guidance from everone. (That's one of teh reasons the NEO/PA has been trying to get Skys to participate in all the activities (2 attended 6/24)
That's what we were afraid of. We didn't think there would be enough regular participation if it was just one model. Also, they are only produing half as many Skys. Maybe we could start out this way, but still keep separate regional groups for each model. We could eventually separate as both groups gain more participants. Or hold more functions for each group and maybe just a few joint functions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,255 Posts
Teri

you need to get into this and get it rolling

something tells me you are a great organizer
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
You might be surprised at the number of Skys that really really want to run the twistys with the big dogs. Our first assumption, being Solophiles, has always been that the Skys were for "show" and the Sols for "go". We knbow down deep that's just hogwash, that inside every Sky, there beats the heart of a Solstice. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
ihawk95 said:
Hey, I've been talking with some Skys and they'd like to start a Midwest Kappa Club with us. It started out as just an Illinois club with separate clubs for us and the Sky's, but we think it may be better to combine efforts all around. We can always have separate regional chapters.

Anyway, we were thinking we could get together maybe once a month or so. Attend events together...all that good stuff! Make up some shirts or patches. Have some small dues ($5?) to cover any expenses. I'm hearing they've found some good bylaws that have worked well for the Mustangs and Vettes.

Since it sounds like the NEO/PA people are having so much fun running, we should too! Thought I'd throw it out there!

What's everyone think? PM me or post your thoughts/ideas! I'm crashing the Sky Party tomorrow up in Downers Grove and plan to discuss it more with the Skys.
Great Idea! I have signed up to become a Supporting Vendor for the Solstice Forum and am looking forward to it. I invented the illuminated wind blocking device for the Mercedes SLK a few years ago and a few months ago designed one for the SKY and SOLSTICE. I think it would be really cool to have an etched wind blocker "Wind Restrictor" for each member of the Midwest Kappa Car Club! If you would be interested in letting me make some of these for you then after I become a Supporting Vendor let me know and I could give you a good discount on some of them. I am currently looking for a SKY and a SOLSTICE for my business. I do not want to wait so I figure I will be purchasing slightly used ones. I am so glad to be apart of the Forum and a future owner of these Kappa cars. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wind Restrictor said:
Great Idea! I have signed up to become a Supporting Vendor for the Solstice Forum and am looking forward to it. I invented the illuminated wind blocking device for the Mercedes SLK a few years ago and a few months ago designed one for the SKY and SOLSTICE. I think it would be really cool to have an etched wind blocker "Wind Restrictor" for each member of the Midwest Kappa Car Club! If you would be interested in letting me make some of these for you then after I become a Supporting Vendor let me know and I could give you a good discount on some of them. I am currently looking for a SKY and a SOLSTICE for my business. I do not want to wait so I figure I will be purchasing slightly used ones. I am so glad to be apart of the Forum and a future owner of these Kappa cars. Thanks!

Thanks! I'll pass the word along!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
achieftain said:
You might be surprised at the number of Skys that really really want to run the twistys with the big dogs. Our first assumption, being Solophiles, has always been that the Skys were for "show" and the Sols for "go". We knbow down deep that's just hogwash, that inside every Sky, there beats the heart of a Solstice. :lol:

:agree:

I did some running with the Skys today. We had a blast! Met Skys from IL, AL, OH, WI, & MN. The Ohio couple highly recommended running with the NEO/PA Sols. They've done it a few times and really enjoyed it! Here's what we're thinking:

We hear there is a National Kappa Club forming involving all Kappas. We're going to contact them to see if they are already planning for regional groups. This way we won't have to reinvent the wheel if its already started.

Participation was a big concern with the Skys. We used Illinois as an example. We figure maybe 150 Skys in IL. Of those, maybe 15 would be interested in a club and probably only 2 would participate. So double the number for the Solstice. That would be 6 IL cars total. Take the surrounding states, and you've got 50 cars at most that would be active participants. Figure with schedules, etc, that's not a large number. Of course that will increase as production continues.

The group I met with today was very enthusiastic. They want to run, meet up for dinner, go to cruise nights, talk shop, all that good stuff. This could be a very good thing! We'll investigate the National Club further and see if we can't get something organized!

Diana
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,255 Posts
we have a serious run to the river on 165 miles of twisties set for 07-29

if you are serious--come on down...you are more than welcome

read the thread or PM me for details
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,255 Posts
secondary note

on 03-25 we had 37 cars from 9 states (incl 2 SKY's) eun on the NEO/PA SOS (Start of Spring) run

on 06-24 we had about 23 do the start of Summer run

Right now we have 23 cars (4 SKY's) set for Twisting to the River

as XMM and M*A*N*Y* others have said

we are the most "organinized" and most active Regional Kappa group in the US at this time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
i was at spring neo/pa run

I can say druid and xxm you guys are orgnized. Its like a three ring circus soooooo much going on. Everyone is having fun! NEO/PA is the blue print for starting a solstice car club.
 

·
Retired Free Range Sols
Joined
·
9,964 Posts
We've had two big meets, with another biggie planned for October, had our first Sky at the last meet, and we regularly draw a group of Sols from IL. Check out the Meet List for our upcoming run in October (in my sig). We're pre-running it tomorrow, for the first time, it's going to be a 2 day event, and if we can locate a place for some extra activities on Sunday, like the NEO/PA group did for their June run, it'll be icing on the cake.

Looks like so far we've got 3 Sky's coming in Oct :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
ihawk95 said:
Hey, I've been talking with some Skys and they'd like to start a Midwest Kappa Club with us. It started out as just an Illinois club with separate clubs for us and the Sky's, but we think it may be better to combine efforts all around. We can always have separate regional chapters.

Anyway, we were thinking we could get together maybe once a month or so. Attend events together...all that good stuff! Make up some shirts or patches. Have some small dues ($5?) to cover any expenses. I'm hearing they've found some good bylaws that have worked well for the Mustangs and Vettes.

Since it sounds like the NEO/PA people are having so much fun running, we should too! Thought I'd throw it out there!

What's everyone think? PM me or post your thoughts/ideas! I'm crashing the Sky Party tomorrow up in Downers Grove and plan to discuss it more with the Skys.
This sounds good ! I would like to participate when my work schedule allows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kenji k said:
I can say druid and xxm you guys are orgnized. Its like a three ring circus soooooo much going on. Everyone is having fun! NEO/PA is the blue print for starting a solstice car club.
Yeah Druid has been quite helpful! (BTW, thanks Druid!)
We'll get something going. I can tell you this...the Sky's in this area are serious about get togethers. The only trouble I see is finding good runs around here. Lots of nice scenic stuff, but my buddy turned me onto a good motorcycle site that shows twisties in your area...there's little to nothing in IL. Maybe a 3 to 4 hour drive for me to even get to anything decent. :(

However, that doesn't mean we can't do scenic runs to places like Chicago, St. Louis, maybe Galena, Mich. Wisconsin. There are tons of interesting places to go! I'm thinking a run along the Mississippi might be fun. Especially this fall.

And I'd love to do the Oct. 1st run in WI, but I'm trying to figure out how I can get there from Iowa City the night before. I'll be late in Iowa City.

Anyway, check out the Bloomington, IL Cruise in Aug. 12. Maybe we can get something fired up there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
love the idea of the kappa club.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Kappa club is a really good idea...whenever it gets off the ground...count me in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,255 Posts
kenji k said:
I can say druid and xxm you guys are orgnized. Its like a three ring circus soooooo much going on. Everyone is having fun! NEO/PA is the blue print for starting a solstice car club.

thanks for the compliment

why not show up Saturday for Twisting to the River ?
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top