Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone was so supportive when I hit 1500 miles last October 7th, I thought I would post up todays odometer reading.

Warmed the fluids and charged the battery for a few miles. Value just keeps going up. I can't wait till Barret Jackson in 2043. I think I'll call Wayne C to take it to auction for me. :willy::willy::willy:

LJ

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
Not bad Larry, 100 miles in 6 months? I think mine only did 80 miles in the same time, of course mine was laid up for the half year when it's white outside . . . :rofl:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I did 0mi. in last 6mo.:yawn: It has been a very long winter:brentil: Ready for another 3000+mi summer:driving::thumbs: Dropping value? Who cares! In 2043 if I can't drive it I'll give it to somebody who will love it as much as I do!!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
848 Posts
I did 0mi. in last 6mo.:yawn: It has been a very long winter:brentil: Ready for another 3000+mi summer:driving::thumbs: Dropping value? Who cares! In 2043 if I can't drive it I'll give it to somebody who will love it as much as I do!!! :yesnod:
:agree:

first 8 mos of our ownership the coupe now has 953 more miles on it. It was real nice this weekend and my wife took it to pick me up at the airport, which is a 60 or so mile round trip, the longest Connie Coupe has been on with us. This summer will likely add 2k or so. In 10 yrs. the car might have 35k, wasn't meant to be locked away, but it will still be a very low mile vehicle.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Larry you need to take it easy you are driving it too much lately.

I just looked at mine and WOW! I put 3500 miles on it in the last 8 months. This is going to be a record year for me with the trip to the nationals in June. On the plus side that’s 3500 miles less on the Tundra.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I've been looking for a cheap coupe to do a charity car build and have been seeing the prices dropping, esp for base autos (though, I need a manual for the project). Hoping to pick one up for mid teens...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I drive mine when I want to like most of you... it's just that I don't really like to drive it compared with my dd. I LOVE my dd... I LOVE looking at the outside of the coupe (It's beautiful), I just don't LIKE driving it. Maybe my daughter will when she gets older, I'll probably give it over to her.... we'll see.
Odometer just hit 475.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I drive mine when I want to like most of you... it's just that I don't really like to drive it compared with my dd. I LOVE my dd... I LOVE looking at the outside of the coupe (It's beautiful), I just don't LIKE driving it. Maybe my daughter will when she gets older, I'll probably give it over to her.... we'll see.
Odometer just hit 475.
Dangit....run it up to 634 and I'll buy it. I was hoping you had a few more miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well, since mine is the only car I drive, I'm steadily racking up the miles. here's how it goes:
drive to work 2.2
drive home for lunch 2.3
Back to work 2.2
Home and stop for a beer ) 2.3
That's it. comes out to about 9 miles a day.

·
Registered
848 Posts
We drive ours when we want. We enjoy them that way. I have other investments. LOL
:lol: Investment? Are we on a 401k, defined benefit, defined contribution forum or a Soltice Coupe forum? :devil::lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wow...drive your cars boys....its more fun than watching the 401k

I put more miles on my new car in 25 hours than a few of you have total....

Found new Sol in Arizona and 1711 miles later it is in Alabama. 25 hours total; 3 hour nap, 22 hours driving. 22.3 mpgs at an average speed of 81. All through texas I was 88-95 into a 20-25mph head wind...speed limit for most of texas is 80.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
I've been looking for a cheap coupe to do a charity car build and have been seeing the prices dropping, esp for base autos (though, I need a manual for the project). Hoping to pick one up for mid teens...
KP forum member was advertising a Sly (gray) SC coupe several weeks back for an excellent price (mid teens?); also from the below vid it appears it's an auto, though DDM did quote me an auto to manual price.

Believe this is the vid of it:

Nevermind, was just informed it was sold.

·
Registered
350 Posts
:agree: I'm getting ready to turn 80K on the ODO and I don't regret buying it as a DD... I like it! My Camaro, on the other hand, sits and sits and sits!
What year camaro?

My last solstice was driven often but after losing it in an accident where i was not at fault, I wished I had driven it more.

·
Registered
350 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts