Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How many miles on your car when it was delivered?

• 0-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5

• 5-10

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 10-15

• 15-20

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 20-30

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 30-40

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 40-50

• more than 50

• omg more than 100!

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the mileage when you picked up your car??? This might be a good way to benchmark our cars and tell if the dealer has been engaging in exracurrlcular activities with our cars....

·
Registered
337 Posts
18 miles - the first thing I checked after clearing the tears from my eyes :yesnod:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why not 0 miles?

Shouldn't these cars come off the truck with less than 1 mile on the odometer? Why would a Solstice be any different than a G6? If that happens to me I'm going to bitch. How do you know that someone didn't beat the crap out of the car if it comes to you with 35 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I remember a CHrysler quality promotion in the '60s or '70s that guaranteed that each and every Imperial would be subjected to AT LEAST 50 miles of 'shakedown' and rechecking of car by qc prior to delivery to the dealers and they were proud of this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
package said:
What was the mileage when you picked up your car??? This might be a good way to benchmark our cars and tell if the dealer has been engaging in exracurrlcular activities with our cars....
Sorry, I thought it was how many we were expecting..Strike that vote please, I will read slower next time.. :leaving:

·
Registered
245 Posts
jandouglass said:
Shouldn't these cars come off the truck with less than 1 mile on the odometer? Why would a Solstice be any different than a G6? If that happens to me I'm going to bitch. How do you know that someone didn't beat the crap out of the car if it comes to you with 35 miles on it.
:lol: :lol: sorry man but the cars don't even leave the factory with less than 1 mile on it...probably a few miles at the factory, i can only imagine a mile or maybe a few from the shipping yards, then your dealer gets it. they have to do a complete inspection of the car and a road test. i have a friend that works for chrysler and he does this.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
After the 1500 cars or so, we should see the 'delivered' mileage drop significantly (I'm sure the early ones are getting all kinds of special attention :brentil: ).

My car is coming Nov/Dec :( and there shouldn't be anymore 5 or 6 miles on it (just like the last few cars I've bought). In fact, a Chevy Venture we bought a few years ago (a perfectly boring vehicle) had less than 2 miles on it (and there was NEVER a problem with it :thumbs: ).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Bob Lutz Joy Rides

Every 1st 1000 car is to be driven by Bob Lutz before shipping. This is to make sure all cars meet with his personal satisfication. This would explain the delay as Mr. Lutz has to fly from Detroit to Wilmington and back twice a week. So, give it another 2 months and he should be all finished by then...

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TerpFan said:
Every 1st 1000 car is to be driven by Bob Lutz before shipping. This is to make sure all cars meet with his personal satisfication. This would explain the delay as Mr. Lutz has to fly from Detroit to Wilmington and back twice a week. So, give it another 2 months and he should be all finished by then...

LOLL good one.. hey guys.. keep posting your delivery miles!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts