Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you notice that top bar doesn't have any type of latching/hook system at all in it for a roof. But if you look at the image I've attached they've added two pin insert areas and one central latching area. The OnStar buttons you can see in your image next to the mirror are now gone as well.

So in essence they had to move them to actually permit a roof design to attach to the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Agree that the rear window would have to be as high as the windshield to be able to see out the mirror. But being taller than the statistical average that most cars are built for, on several cars I've had to relocate the mirror higher by moving where the mirror is glued to the glass. All in order to lessen the blind spot through the windshied that's forward and to the right.

Although redesigned, I like the look of the visors being flush with the header trim. Glad they were able to retain that little touch. Visors sticking above the windshield of a convertable never looked right to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, I understand; I thought it looked pretty cool like that, it would seem appropriate to make it where you can have more mobility for the mirror.

Acctually, now that I look at the picture you posted (and others that I have saved on my computer, it looks as though they just moved the onstar* buttons to the bottom of the mirror (although it's very hard to tell).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts