Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished putting my car together after the water pump replacement, balance chain replacement, and timing chain replacement. I also added a Hahn intercooler and RPM charge pipes/intake. I have a GMPP tune, unmodified.

So the car runs great when cold but breaks up when under full boost at like 15+PSI. I had just put new plugs in as well, so I swapped back out to the old plugs and it seemingly got a little better but still happens. Sometimes the car will throw the engine light on and limit to like 6-7PSI. I have HPTuners so if someone could guide me down some logging/troubleshooting steps, I am at a loss here. Also, why does RPM not show up in VCMScanner?

Codes: P0300, P0303, P0304, P2177 (but that only occurred once and shows as old/history). In order that is: Random misfire, Cyl 3 miss, Cyl 4 miss, System too lean bank 1 at idle

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
RPM is available in the scanner. I forget the PID, but it's in there.

You might've already mentioned this stuff here or elsewhere, but I assume you did a compression test?

And, what's the freeze frame say?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not done a compression test, and I didn't get the freeze frame. I will check it when I can.

Little more info, it happens above 160 degrees, the higher the temp, the worse it gets. The computer this last trip has shut boost off completely, although I wasn't able to check thoroughly enough for a loose intake hose. Though, it would be odd for it to run fine when cold.

Would you happen to have a good data logging layout for VCM?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts