Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are you...missing polished wheels???

I have noticed that quite a few people ordered polished wheels only to have their Sols delivered without them. Same happened to me, with no explanation. I had a long discussion with the dealer about this and they found my request for them in the paperwork. Only solution they could offer was to reorder the entire care (otherwise I would have to pay the aftermarket price which would be 4x as much! I opted to take the car as it was.]

Makes you wonder if something is going on here? Why are so many polished aluminun wheel orders not being delivered or explained?

How many others here had the same/similar experience?
:cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Got them!

We ordered polished and got them. All other extras were right also. :cool:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I got the polished wheels but they forgot my smokers package!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Let me know!

I am also missing the clunk! Maybe that can be next month's gift from Pontiac. :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is not the response I was hoping for...

RichSol said:
I have noticed that quite a few people ordered polished wheels only to have their Sols delivered without them. Same happened to me, with no explanation. I had a long discussion with the dealer about this and they found my request for them in the paperwork. Only solution they could offer was to reorder the entire care (otherwise I would have to pay the aftermarket price which would be 4x as much! I opted to take the car as it was.]

Makes you wonder if something is going on here? Why are so many polished aluminun wheel orders not being delivered or explained?

How many others here had the same/similar experience?
I was hoping those others, like me, who did NOT get the polished wheels would respond. I'm glad all the rest of you got yours, but wanted to see just how big this "handful" is. I keep seeing this mentioned in other threads, so thot it would be nice to get a head count.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...lol maybe

gizmo2004 said:
RichSol: Maybe you should start a "Simple count off." :)

Well it's working in the other thread, but I don't want to push my luck.
BTW thanks for dropping out and keeping the count straight. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
...just followed your example

gizmo2004 said:
:)
I saw that you removed your post chastising me too! :)
You left so quick I was the only one messing up the count. lol

Sorry if I was rude. I'm just getting too touchy with all the ranting going on lately. Nobody seems to want to just give their info or opinion without ripping someone else up over it. Guess I was doing that to you. I apologize.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...not exactly

Small Dealer said:
Before this, the previous reports were from from Marco, mssleepr, and Excelsior, that I can remember or find. I recall none of them posted that they received any proof the the cars were ordered with the polished wheels. Excelsior's order was a list of changes for an order the dealership had previously entered into VOMS. None of the changes where for wheels. And either Marco's or mssleepr's cars had other cars built within one or two of theirs with polished wheels.

But you, RichSol, say that you dealership has VOMS print outs with the wheels showing as ordered?
My dealer did NOT show an order for polished wheels. They tried to claim I never requested them. But when I pointed out that I brought the print out with numbers for all the options with me (which I got from this site) they rechecked the file and there it was...my circle around the polished wheel "A" (for "available"). They had no explanation as to why they didn't order them. I keep seeing people on this forum mentioning that they didn't receive their ordered polished aluminum wheels. It seems to be an odd cooincidence. So I wanted to see just how many this has happened to. It makes no sense to me that so many dealers would pass up a chance to include an available option. The fact that they said I could only order them aftermarket now, at more than 4x the price also makes me curious.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Mine was ordered with Polished and came with the painted. They order never went through with the Polished even though MY paperwork showed that I had wanted them The dealer I think messed it up on the VOM. Nevertheless, once they get their display car in with polished wheels, we will simply do a swap and they adjusted the invoice before I took the car.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I know polished wheels were constricted for quite a while. Is there any chance that the factory gave the dealer the choice to receive the car without the wheels or wait for the wheels? It is possible that these decisions in the dealership might not be generally discussed or communicated.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SolLate said:
I know polished wheels were constricted for quite a while. Is there any chance that the factory gave the dealer the choice to receive the car without the wheels or wait for the wheels? It is possible that these decisions in the dealership might not be generally discussed or communicated.
I was not aware that the polished aluminum wheels were ever under constraint. The chrome wheels were initially under constraint for First 1K and early first allocation orders.

I know my (original) salesman confused the two and almost made the same error on my order. When I first spec'ed out my car with the dealership (way back in March) I chose the Polished Aluminum Wheels. When the dealership was ready to submit my order in April, they had a notice that the Chrome Wheels were on constraint. The salesman thought this meant the Polished Aluminum Wheels. He called me and said I couldn't get the Polished Aluminum Wheels. I then had to explain to him that there were a total of THREE wheel choices, Painted, Polished and Chrome, and that the Chrome were the only ones not available. And that he should be able to submit my order with the Polished Aluminum without any problems.

This is one possible reason why some cars were ordered incorrectly by the dealerships; simple confusion over which set of wheels were on constraint.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
That's a good point, dengel.

It's interesting that on my Vehicle Order Event History, I have code 2030 Order Re-edited on May 5 & 10, June 8 14 17 & 20.

I also have code 2050 Order Changed on June 25 twice, June 28, and again August 29.

I never changed anything after placing the order April 15. Maybe my dealer was dealing with various constraints, I don't know. I also had polished wheels, which I got.

The History also shows 3000 Accepted by Production Control and 3100 Available to Sequence four different times, ranging from June 29 through August 29. Even 1101 Preliminary Order Added shows up twice, April 15 and August 29. So obviously August 29 is when everything was settled for my MARiSOL.

I believe other people have had similar Event History reports.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts