Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running the Mississippi Bluffs country between MN and WI on Saturday, June 29, 2013 starting at the Kwik Trip at 4820 U. S. Highway 61 (north edge of town) at 10:00 a.m. For those who want to stay overnight, the Park Way Motel at 3425 U. S. Highway 61, Red Wing, 651-388-8231, approx.$60 a night is where folks are staying. It is quaint but fits our needs. We will probably stop for dinner at the end of Saturday for those who do not stay overnight. It is a fun run and the roads are pretty decent. Hope you can join us!

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Pretty decent? They rock, but that's our little well kept secret :D

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shhhh--or we will be mobbed :willy: :cool:!

Do you still have connections to get this thread stickied ;)? Thanks!

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
We are officially stuck, not to be confused with officially Stuck! :devil:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought my Solstice last week. Posted on this forum for a repair I was looking to do on it. DaveOC offered some advice then informed me of this event. I am considering participating but was wondering how far this is from Milwaukee. And how long the drive is along the bluff? Just trying to figure things out on a timeline as I usually work until 8 our so Friday evening.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,457 Posts
Just bought my Solstice last week. Posted on this forum for a repair I was looking to do on it. DaveOC offered some advice then informed me of this event. I am considering participating but was wondering how far this is from Milwaukee. And how long the drive is along the bluff? Just trying to figure things out on a timeline as I usually work until 8 our so Friday evening.
The start is about 300 miles from Milwaukee, figure about 5 hours or so.

Since I don't know what they have in mind for Saturday, I can't answer the rest.

I'll let them know you are interested.

EDIT: I send a message to both Sunfun and Aspenrose via Facebook. They should check in here soon.

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
We start at 10 am from Red Wing, and pretty much run all day with a trio of stops, one for lunch, then we do dinner afterwards for anyone staying over in Red Wing. It's a very 'busy' run, lots of twists and turns, with the most challenging legs early in the day, usually, so that by the time we hit them we're not totally whooped, mentally and physically!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info!!! I really appreciate it. trying to coordinate with my son as he said he was interested in coming as well. I will let you all know!!! Sounds like fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts