Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 of us made our annual trek to Moab for the insanity that is car show weekend. We did our best to leave the city with nothing to eat or drink but not sure we succeeded.

We took our usual route down the Colorado River canyon which is still one of the most beautiful drives known to man. Stephanie brought her Coupe, Carol and I brought Green Dragon and Augie brought his King Ranch edition hauler. He volunteered to haul our booty home from Utah (and Jeff did not get The Darkside car put back together yet).

Weather going over the pass on Friday was wet and cool (cold?) but sunny and beautiful there and all the way home.

We got to see every car in the show, and they ranged from crap to spectacular as usual. I have never seen a ratrod Studibaker coupe convertable before. But I have now LOL.

We even found time when not eating, drinking or shopping to cruise the strip along with a few hundred other nuts.

We vowed to enter our cars in the show next year!:thumbs:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Any pictures? Sounds like a fun trip!

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I got stuck in Moab on the way back from the Denver Nationals. Somewhere in Arches Nat'l Park I lost a bolt in the front wheel hub that holds the wheel position sensor ring. Spent three days there waiting for parts. Lots to do in Moab.

Coming back to So Cal from Denver, we did all the National Parks in southern Utah, stopped for a bit of theater at the Tuacahn Theater outside St. George, and spent a couple of nights in Las Vegas. Good trip, that.

Have you ever taken the nighttime river cruise up the Colorado? Did that. Spectacular.

Not to hijack the thread, but for anyone who enjoys theater, and you find yourself anywhere near St. George, it is well worth making time and the trip to the Tuacahn Theater. ( Tuacahn - Welcome to Tuacahn.org ) It is an open air theater set in one of Utah's beautiful red rock canyons. They put on fantastic plays and concerts, and draw some big name actors, performers and musicians.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Always associated Moab with Jeep Easter Safari. Couple 2012 vids already posted on YT of this years event. Americans still love a car parade.

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got stuck in Moab on the way back from the Denver Nationals. Somewhere in Arches Nat'l Park I lost a bolt in the front wheel hub that holds the wheel position sensor ring. Spent three days there waiting for parts. Lots to do in Moab.

Coming back to So Cal from Denver, we did all the National Parks in southern Utah, stopped for a bit of theater at the Tuacahn Theater outside St. George, and spent a couple of nights in Las Vegas. Good trip, that.

Have you ever taken the nighttime river cruise up the Colorado? Did that. Spectacular.

Not to hijack the thread, but for anyone who enjoys theater, and you find yourself anywhere near St. George, it is well worth making time and the trip to the Tuacahn Theater. ( Tuacahn - Welcome to Tuacahn.org ) It is an open air theater set in one of Utah's beautiful red rock canyons. They put on fantastic plays and concerts, and draw some big name actors, performers and musicians.
We have done Moab every year, usually twice since 2009. We have been to Arches three times, Dead Horse Point twice and one year we made the run over to National Capital Reef. The road to NCR is REALLY fun. We never got over 2x the speed limit and at no time . . . well not very often . . did the tires leave the road.

We have done the dinner cruise twice as well. Once in warm weather and really enjoyed it. Last year we did it in April and it was COLD. We still enjoyed it but nearly froze down on the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts