Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wish I had the know how to do this kind of stuff. With my luck I'd wire it up & the windows would go up and down when I turn my radio on & off! :)

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,456 Posts
Wish I had the know how to do this kind of stuff. With my luck I'd wire it up & the windows would go up and down when I turn my radio on & off! :)
I had a car where the antenna went up when the radio was turned on and then down when the radio was turned off. So, it could be done! :dthumbs:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had a car where the antenna went up when the radio was turned on and then down when the radio was turned off. So, it could be done! :dthumbs:
That is hilarious, Dave! It wasn't a Chrysler LeBaron was it??? My LeBaron would do the SAME THING! :lol:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,456 Posts
That is hilarious, Dave! It wasn't a Chrysler LeBaron was it??? My LeBaron would do the SAME THING! :lol:
1976 Cadillac Seville, and a sweet car it was. It was owned by my aunt, and the year before she died she had it repainted in Presidential Black Enamel, and a complete new Red Leather interior, and a new Black Vinyl top. When I got it, the enamel had cured for about 6 months and hadn't been buffed out yet.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Yeah? We'll I'm not joining Facebook just to discuss NASSM. :toetap:

Ooooooppps. Sorry. Wrong thread derail :devil:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,456 Posts
Yeah? We'll I'm not joining Facebook just to discuss NASSM. :toetap:

Ooooooppps. Sorry. Wrong thread derail :devil:
Sorry about that. You are a funny man TS!

Interlude is over, returning you to the proper way to add automatic up/down to your Solstice's power windows.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Bumping this back up. Great write-up OP. Thank you
Your welcome :)

Nice reminder of this for newer owners. Wow, been over 3 1/2 years and still working great!

This is one of my most (self) appreciated mods. SO useful and I love it. I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Your welcome :)

Nice reminder of this for newer owners. Wow, been over 3 1/2 years and still working great!

This is one of my most (self) appreciated mods. SO useful and I love it. I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone.
Great write up, I need to make a trip up your way and throw some money your way to do,this for me as I'm color blind so I try not to wire things except maybe radios and thats pushing it lol

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Great write up, I need to make a trip up your way and throw some money your way to do,this for me as I'm color blind so I try not to wire things except maybe radios and thats pushing it lol
Heh. I did this for a couple of folks for free at the SM Mod Meet a couple of years ago. You mustn't've been at that one. (Well I say free, but actually Reed bought me a string of raffle tickets :))

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I know this is a pretty old thread but I thought I would take a chance that somebody out there that did this could give me a little help. First off I thought I would say that I'm new to the forum and new to the Pontiac Solstice as well. I wanted one since they came out but finally took delivery of a 2007 GXP with about 5700 miles 10 days ago. All I can say these are great little cars.

As for the window mod in this thread; I needed to adjust the driver side window anyway so I thought I would do this mod while I was at it. The window adjustment went just fine and everything was working once I was done with it. Then I wried up my 535T kit as per the included instructions and the great post in this thread. I tried my windows before doing the optional part and my driver side went down once and the passenger side went up once then nothing. I thought maybe the auto down function was causing interference so I followed the optional part of the post and tried again. Driver window now up passenger window down. Neither would move.

I wanted to make sure that I didn't mess up the switch after performing the optional part so I removed all the wiring for the kit and just went back to the stock wiring. Windows now working fine except for the fact, of course, that the driver side auto down no longer functions. I also read the instructions a little more closely and realized I should have probably started with both of my windows down so I put them both down with the stock wiring and tried again.

I wired the kit up again and nothing would move. So then I thought I probably needed to do the programming as mentioned in the manual so I grounded the Red/White wire. As soon as I did this the driver side window went up about 3 – 4 inches without me touching the switch then stopped. A few seconds later it went the rest of the way up. I thought maybe the windows would cycle up and down like the instructions said but but after a while nothing happened. I tried the switch and nothing would move. I disconnected the Red/White wire from ground and still nothing would move.

After the last attempt it was getting late so I just went back to the stock wiring and everything once again is working fine.

So, anyone out there that used this kit have similar problems? If so what did you do to fix it. Anyone just have an idea as to what I might have done wrong? Bad kit maybe? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
No idea what's wrong. Just make sure you have the 'power' setting switches in the right directly (and not on 'minimum' by mistake).

Better still, post pics of your wiring and I'll look see if I can see anything wrong.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Thanks for trying to help.

I was just looking at the instructions for the 530T on the internet and I realized that module is a bit different from the one I have, the 535T. My number 3 dip switch is the same as your number 5. Did you leave that in the off position or did you need to put it in the on position? If I understand how the 530T works and how the windows in our cars are wired you probably left it in the off position for windows that switch the positive wires.

I have mine back to stock right now but I'll probably try again this weekend. I'll post a picture of my wiring if it doesn't work this time.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
This is the first time I see this fantastic mod, write-up of yours, Nice!!
Mark, many years ago you out did yourself again, your the best!! :bow:

I guess the last guy to comment on this thread back 2 years ago (CRiggleman) must of fixed his wiring because his promise to post pic's if he didn't...

Again, thanks for the wonderful Mod, I just might they this during the winter months when my garage gets into the 70s...

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I guess the last guy to comment on this thread back 2 years ago (CRiggleman) must of fixed his wiring because his promise to post pic's if he didn't...
I was having problems because I was shipped a faulty module, twice. I reordered from a different vendor and actually got a working 530T and had no problems after that. It took me a while to get the new module and by then I guess I had forgotten about this post.

By the way Marvic, this is a great mod. I use this every day. Thanks again TS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was having problems because I was shipped a faulty module, twice. I reordered from a different vendor and actually got a working 530T and had no problems after that. It took me a while to get the new module and by then I guess I had forgotten about this post.

By the way Marvic, this is a great mod. I use this every day. Thanks again TS.
I know this is an old post, but hoping you might see this.
So what exactly are the install differences between the 530T and the 535T?
It looks like i can only get the 535T now, and id love to do this mod.

PS, Hello from the Sky Forums.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts