Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Planning on reworking the intercooler on the 19th will try to take pics. Also, will do a driving tune for 100 octane at that time. The damn rain is playing hell with me trying to do anything outside without a lift.

Randy

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Your using the LT HPFP and a 5th injector?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
I'm using the higher capacity HPFP from ZZPerformance and the 5th Injector Kit from PerformanceAutoWerks.

I just got the Kappasphere rear frame brace back as it had to be repowdercoated. I had installed a PAWerks rear frame brace in the mean time. I will be putting the Kapasphere up for sale on eBay sometime next week unless someone on the forum wants to PM me and negotiate a price. I will be listing it the proper forum shortly.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
The zzp pump should provide more than enough fuel.

Why the 5th injector also?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just insurance against coking of the intake valves. This adventure all started when I was having fluttering turbo issues and thought is was because of valve coking. But when we got into it after welding in the bung for the 5th injector we found that it was actually caused by the flanges on both the turbo and and exhaust manifold being cracked an leaking boost. The intake valves were actually clean.

Randy

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
The center “fin” on the turbo and manifold always crack

That’s normal and doesn’t effect operation

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
It was the flanges of the mating surfaces between the turbo and exhaust manifold not the divider. The crack was all the through to the outer surface of both the turbo and the exhaust manifold. Boost was blowing out the crack rather than going into the charge tubes. I know about the divider issue.

Randy

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
If it was the exhaust housing cracked...

Boost wouldn’t leak

Just exhaust gases

Boost is only on the compressor side

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Sorry I didn't mean boost I meant exhaust. This played havoc with the turbo the added turbulence would cause the pressure to bounce back and forth between 14-20psi in forth gear. It wouldn't hold steady. Just putting in the new exhaust manifold and turbo corrected this issue.

Randy

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
This Saturday my car goes back to PW for an upgrade. I will post info about it after I get it back. It will be there a week and should be of interest to you. Can't say more at this time.

Randy

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Here is the surprise. It needs to be sent off for powder coating but it's finished.

Comments?

Once it gets back, I need to get things cleaned up for the summer.

Randy

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Strut tower brace! Wow, I love that Dave is still investing time/money into the Kappa platform. Details?!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
You will have to contact Dave. It took over 2 weeks to finalize the design. He does plan on selling it.

Randy

·
Premium Member
10,305 Posts
That brace is not new, it was designed many years ago by Dave. By the way IT IS NOT A STRUT Brace, our cars do not have struts.

·
Premium Member
10,305 Posts
I am telling Dave at PWERKS it is not a strut system on our cars. Also the CAD simulation that Dave at DDM performed, did not show any or much difference between that brace and the Venom brace.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Working on trying to remount the power steering reservoir as the Coilover to Coilover brace actually covers the fill lid on the reservoir. Thoughts or ideas folks?

Randy

61 - 80 of 89 Posts