Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Working on trying to remount the power steering reservoir as the Coilover to Coilover brace actually covers the fill lid on the reservoir. Thoughts or ideas folks?

Randy
I've done this using the kit that I got with my Hann turbo upgrade the DDM Works is similar a pretty straightforward install just make sure you have some power steering fluid to add when done . If you go on my homepage and click on the album feature (Solstice upgrades ) I've got a pic to give you an idea of what the final install looks like .The only drawback if you want to call it that is that access to the battery is limited but I use the terminal on the fuse box to hook up my battery maintainer so it's not a big deal for me .

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Thanks, I've found this last week and am getting to ready to order one. I'm replacing the 1/4 panels with ones from Norm's and as the battery is the original 2008 battery I'll be replacing that as well.

Randy

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Just curious, how long did it take to be able to pick up finished items? Still waiting on hood and fenders to be painted.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Norm is backed up with painting. It only took 2 weeks to get the 1/4 panels and front diffuser from him. I will be painting them in house.

Norm is still working on the ducktail spoiler design. I was wondering if anyone can recommend another supplier for a rear spoiler that installs on the bumper and if you have to do much work taking off the factory one.

Randy

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Just got the power steering reservoir relocation kit in from DDM. I'm off later to visit my son in Boston so it will have to wait until I get back to do the install.

Randy

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Wow, a new look for the site. Been slowly working on my Solstice preparing to install new front 1/4 panels and front splitter. On my way to a speed/custom shop got temperature overheating light. As the switch for the information has been acting flaky it took awhile to switch to the temperature panel. It was reading 260 degrees, I pulled over turned on the heater full blast and popped the hood. The damn cooling fan wasn't running. After it dropped to about 240 it came back on and continued to run but would shut off as soon as the car was shut off even though it was still reading over 220. (I had been running at 75 with air on on highway with top up) After leaving the shop limped into the dealer that I had purchased the car from. They were unable to look into things so had to leave the car there and call for a pickup. Next day they said there were no codes but it could be one of 2 issues: a recall that placed valves into the inlet and exit lines near the radiator to prevent air being trapped in the lines (I ruled that out as the fan wasn't running) or needing a new fan unit. They tried to tell me I had to order the entire fan unit as there was no relay (which was my old school thought). That runs 513+ if you can even find one still in GM inventory. With the strike going on who knows when that would come in. I decided to pick the car up and come home. Car did get over 220 on the drive home. Doing a little digging I determined that you can order the control module aftermarket for just over 100. It's the same as what's used on v8 Crown Vics from 2006-2011. Go figure, ordered from local O'Reilly's and got it the next day. Took 5 minutes to install. Haven't had an issue yet but then the humidity hasn't been over 100% and 90+ degrees lately. Have yet to see the temp go over 204 even when driving the car hard. Hope that was the issue. Anyone else have trouble with the fan module?

Will keep you posted once the new body panels are on!

Randy

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
The fan control module failure and the Crown Vic replacement are both known. Glad you found it and posted just in case it wasn't.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts