Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Chevrolet Corvette Conv. (1629) 350 C.I./350 H.P. 5,300 miles still has balance of 3 year, 36,000 mile GM factory warranty. Special hand crafted custom made commemorative edition. The best of both years, the appearance of the 1953 Corvette with the performance handling and comfort of the C5 Corvette. A small group of professional fabricators and custom car builders start with a C5 Corvette and remove all body panels, except the doors, and hand mold the '53 type panels onto the C5. It is then tweaked to perfection with paintwork, chrome, and bright work that achieve higher standards than factory new. The attention to detail is just plain unbelievable. Perfect white exterior with red interior and black convertible top. This C5 carries all the factory options and dual sport seats, 12 disc CD changer (factory), polished wheels, and a custom leather two tone red and white steering wheel. The 1953 Corvette was a beautiful car, but let’s face the facts, it handled like a dump truck, the 6 cylinder engine produced a whopping 150 H.P. and is a non practical car to be driving around on a daily basis. Not to mention the fact it will cost you around $200,000 for a perfect 1953. Our owner sold his '53 about a year and a half ago for $170,000. If you want something different and think you can handle all of the attention it will bring (and you have no idea of the attention it will bring) then this finely crafted work of art can be all yours. EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
no..........not really

The Corvette didn't really reach celebrity status until the '57 fi model. The '53 really looked like a bad experience at a lousy Orthodontist. :lol:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Looks Good!

lepiane said:
2003 Chevrolet Corvette Conv. (1629) 350 C.I./350 H.P. 5,300 miles still has balance of 3 year, 36,000 mile GM factory warranty. Special hand crafted custom made commemorative edition. The best of both years, the appearance of the 1953 Corvette with the performance handling and comfort of the C5 Corvette. A small group of professional fabricators and custom car builders start with a C5 Corvette and remove all body panels, except the doors, and hand mold the '53 type panels onto the C5. It is then tweaked to perfection with paintwork, chrome, and bright work that achieve higher standards than factory new. The attention to detail is just plain unbelievable. Perfect white exterior with red interior and black convertible top. This C5 carries all the factory options and dual sport seats, 12 disc CD changer (factory), polished wheels, and a custom leather two tone red and white steering wheel. The 1953 Corvette was a beautiful car, but let’s face the facts, it handled like a dump truck, the 6 cylinder engine produced a whopping 150 H.P. and is a non practical car to be driving around on a daily basis. Not to mention the fact it will cost you around $200,000 for a perfect 1953. Our owner sold his '53 about a year and a half ago for $170,000. If you want something different and think you can handle all of the attention it will bring (and you have no idea of the attention it will bring) then this finely crafted work of art can be all yours. EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
Modification looks good to me!
:yesnod:

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Love the 53 for looks, I have seen other pictures of the conversion or perhaps more than one company is doing them, but that one looks longer than the ones I have seen before.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
That is not the classic look of the real thing, What would be interesting is if there were someone that would put or offer a conversion Kit to stuff the 6L 275HP Eng. into the Solstice, this car is the new version of the 1953 Vette and the addition of this Engine would make it even closer to this classical car.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
why add a sraight 6 when you could add a V8?

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Because the 1953 came out with the Blue Flame 6 and not a V8, the V8 engines came out later but the original car did not have a V8.
I am just trying to capture the original essense of the 1st Corvette.

·
5,600 Posts
Of note, the Blue Flame 6 was widely flamed as being too weak, hence the praise the Corvette received only after it got a V8.

That said, I would prefer a strong 6-cylinder in the Sosltice to a V8.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
jimbo said:
Of note, the Blue Flame 6 was widely flamed as being too weak, hence the praise the Corvette received only after it got a V8.

That said, I would prefer a strong 6-cylinder in the Sosltice to a V8.
I know Jimbo it was only 150HP on that Eng. but this new I6L produces 275HP normally aspire, is smooth as silk been an inline 6 cylinder Eng. so this setup would be so sweet for either the Solstice or the SKY, but the Solstice having some similarities to the original 53 Vette makes it some much better.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The workmanship looks top notch, but the porportions are off. Doesn't look anywhere near as good as the original IMO. I agree that the Solstice would make a better start for a '53 Vette replica, but that would miss the whole 50th anniversary connection. I do agree that if you were to build a '53 replica out of a Solstice it should have an I6. Anyways, I think the '03 Vette replica is kind of cool, but way over priced and I would never buy one. Maybe some serious Corvette collector would though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts