Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to the great folks on this and the KP board, I have completed what I think are the main mods most do for the car (Installed):

Engine:
GM Tune
GM CAI (Eyeing the DDM version)
DDM IC Pipes
DDM Intercooler
DDM Silicon Hoses
DDM Oil Catch Can
DDM Power Steering relocate
DDM Engine Coil Cover
DDM Short Shifter

Suspension:
DDM LVFCB
DDM Race Backbone
DDM Pro-Beam
Z0K Springs
Z0K Sway Bars
Z0K Alignment

Other:
Opel Shorty Antenna
Kapparoo
KappaAttic
Painted calipers w/ graphics
ASAP Fog and Tail light grills

So now come the final mods that I think will make the car rock the most. These will be performed sometime this year and hopefully done by the end of fall, time permitting (Additional ToDos):

Stage I Brake upgrade
Tune (DDM most likely)
Meth/Water Injection (Devilsown/AEM/Snow/AIS?)
EFR6X58 Turbo upgrade :devil:
DDM Clutch upgrade
DDM gauge pod w/ boost and aeroforce? gauges (would rather have a dual analog water temp/oil pressure gauge - old school I know.)

After this, its time to [slowly] start buying parts for an engine build - maybe, turbo dependent. After looking at this, am I missing anything? BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s this summer and maybe even some sort of windscreen. Not sure about that last one yet. Comments?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Impressive list sound just like me. I went with the Aem Kit but they all do the same thing. I'm also looking into their clutch as well. I have the dakota digital gauges.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's quite the list of parts. Just a couple things of advice since I haven't seen your previous threads on this.

GM tune? If you are getting an aftermarket tune/turbo, you only need the GM sensors and not the tune. If you look around, there are places where you can actually buy plug and play connectors so that you don't have to cut apart your stock wiring to install the 3 bar sensors.

Be careful with your IC pipes purchase. Depending on where you get your EFR from, or what kit it is, the IC pipes might not fit. Just something to double check.

For the turbo, just go EFR 6758 right off the bat, especially if you plan on building the motor for more power later. You can always turn down the boost to safe levels, but you can only push a turbo so far. It's better to have room to grow for the future.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Sounds like a very complete list. Only suggestion I will make is to keep the performance mods separate from the appearance mods, and keep a running tab of all parts expenses (including labor), along with keeping and filing all receipts. And don't expect that any amount of mods will add value to the vehicle.

Just an observation, but I don't think it makes much sense to put a lot of money into a car if someone likes to buy a new car every several years, but if someone is the type of person who expects or hopes to enjoy the car for many years to come, then that makes more sense to me.

Also a personal build thread is a good way to help stay focused, and let others follow members the progress along.

Oh, and you'll find out how important forum vendor SALES become to your wallet. :lol:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Yes sales is the best way to save lots. I have saved lots of money on my engine build waiting for the vendor sales. I bought my 3 bar sensors from werks a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Shop around for the 3bars…I’ve seen them as low as $149.99 for both with pigtail plug adapters. If you are going with Meth injection, make sure you get a gauge that reads how much is left in your meth tank. If you run out, you melt your motor. If you’re putting meth on right away without internals, get the internals first and have them done.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I have been running meth for over a year with out internals and had no problems. I have my meth in my windshield res.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is that car I always wanted to build. My dream car was a 74 Cuda. This will most definitely do instead. I am overjoyed to be back in a two seater - something I've driven most of my younger days. I plan on keeping this sweetheart for a long, long time. I have a Sky and will get either a coupe or another GXP/NA/RL for my daily. This will be my weekend driver.

I am lucky my beautiful wife is backing me. Was suprised she said do it. But then she is the awesomest woman in the world. She's just happy to see me happy. I know I ask stupid questions, but then that's my way of learning. I do read a lot, but I like seeing/hearing it straight from the experts mouths. Thanks again guys. :thumbs:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Like mentioned before, go with the EFR6758, either the ZFR or the WR-3. Both are bolt on. The key to power is going to be the tuner you end up working with. If you have HPT, i recommended reaching out to Term2 and have him tune your set up.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Warning, modding becomes VERY addictive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts