Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a GM retire that if you take delivery of any GM car after november1 you get and extra 1000 dollars off any GM car.This is for GM retires only. :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
dave clancy said:
I was told by a GM retire that if you take delivery of any GM car after november1 you get and extra 1000 dollars off any GM car.This is for GM retires only. :)
Sometimes these programs have exlusions of some cars... any idea if the Corvette, Solstice, etc might be exluded? Or will any car be fair game without exceptions? If so, all the retirees getting a first 1000 just changed their tune from demanding their Sol now to hoping it takes GM 2 more months to work out the bugs. :glol:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have him call the GM benifit rep on monday to find out I will post it as soon as I find out on your question

·
5,641 Posts
What Dave has posted is the possible second part of a two part program.

The first part provided $1,000 purchase certificates to "selected retired United Auto Workers" who retired before September 20, 2003 or to surviving spouses of eligible retirees. The program started November 1st of 2003. They went out in February of 2004 (at least the one I saw) and were good through December of 2004.

The program is scheduled to send out a second certificate this fall that will be good from November 1, 2005 through December 31, 2006.

The original program was good on any 2003/2004/2005 model built in the USA or Canada except the H1 Hummer.

The certificate was transferable to "select" family members.

Here is the four things to keep in mind:

1) The program resulted from "negotiations" back in 2003. There could always be the chance that it is not run again.

2) No way of knowing which cars will be covered this time until when/if the program guidlines are issued. That could/would/should be arounf November 1st.

3) Notice the gap between the start of the program (November 1, 2003) and when the letter I saw was issued (February 2004). Will there be a simular gap this time (if it is continued)?

4) If you didn't get a cetificate last time (and if this program dosen't ring a bell, you didn't), you will not be getting one this time.

Keep this thread posted with what you find out Dave.

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Cactus Jack has pointed out something in another thread. These certificates were only available for use on a GM Employee Purchase Program purchase. So if a dealership were to elect not to accept a GMS deal, the certificate may be useless. Bears watching for those that may be getting these certificates.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the info on it SD. Keep us posted Dave on what you find out!

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is a negotiated benefit in the UAW contract. The only way it could be discontinued is for the contract to be re-opened and renegotiated,which is highly unlikely.

·
5,641 Posts
This program was issued for start November 1st. It will run to December 31, 2006 as expected.

Certificates for those eligible are scheduled to arrive the week of October 31st, 2005. Remember that if you didn't get one last time, then you probably will not be getting one this time.

The certificates are transferable to select family members.

The certificates are eligible for 2006 and 2007 models including the Solstice.

IMPORTANT As we discussed last time around on this issue in September and pointed out by Cactus Jack, the car MUST be a GM Employee Purhcase Program delivery. If it is not GMS then you can not use it. I think that this may only effect a couple people based on the replies from September, but sure a few more will come on board once the certificate comes in the mail.

TARGET AUDIENCE: "selected retired United Auto Workers" who retired before September 20, 2003 or to surviving spouses of eligible retirees.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts