Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size is the subwoofer? And if I remember correctly, don't they go behind the seats? I remember seeing 2 triangular shaped speaker covers behind each seat. And the system says it's amplified, so....by how much? This is very important info I need to know if they expect me to buy into it!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It's not junk, my buddy has it in his 200x Grand Am and it's loud. I think it's great for a factory system.

Of course aftermarket is always going to be better.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Everyone has a different taste in what makes a good factory audio. I always thought the f-body monsoons sounded pretty good, but they are still not a high dollar aftermarket system. I haven't heard the Alero/Grand Am system.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I had it on my 2000 TransAm and my 1998 GTP it sounded really good on both of these cars. I order it for the SOL and I know it will not disapoint me, this is a very good sounding system.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Everyone has a different taste in what makes a good factory audio. I always thought the f-body monsoons sounded pretty good, but they are still not a high dollar aftermarket system. I haven't heard the Alero/Grand Am system.
Having owned two Alero's with the Moonsoon system I would say I was rather impressed in the quality and loudness of the system. It is certainly something I would look into getting again in another GM car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
there is a differance between loud and loud with quality. also just quality. the first thing to go in the sol is the raido. i am going to get a small 8 in sub and put in some power amps. i am not sire with moddles i will go for but it will be good stuff like mb quart or some new polk lsi line.

·
Registered
381 Posts
So, if you don't get the Monsoon system, what is that subwoofer space used for? Is there a storage compartment there, maybe? What about the same area behind the driver's seat? With exactly 18.4798235 cubic millimeters of trunk space, any other storage pockets could be particularly useful. If I'm giving something up for the sub, I'd like to know about it ahead of time. (But I doubt it would change my decision to get the Monsoon.)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:
So, if you don't get the Monsoon system, what is that subwoofer space used for? Is there a storage compartment there, maybe? What about the same area behind the driver's seat? With exactly 18.4798235 cubic millimeters of trunk space, any other storage pockets could be particularly useful. If I'm giving something up for the sub, I'd like to know about it ahead of time. (But I doubt it would change my decision to get the Monsoon.)
From all the images we've seen there is only one compartment, and it's behind the passenger seat for the subwoofer. There's been no official info about what happens if you don't get it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, if there's still a space for a sub if I don't opt for a factory system, I would rather not opt for something I know nothing about and spend a tad bit more money on something I know will be awesome :)

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
slowandlow said:
there is a differance between loud and loud with quality. also just quality. the first thing to go in the sol is the raido. i am going to get a small 8 in sub and put in some power amps. i am not sire with moddles i will go for but it will be good stuff like mb quart or some new polk lsi line.
You are 100% correct, and that is why I stated I was impressed with the quality and loudness. I was tyring to say that the system sounded well, as well as being able to have higher SPL's without loosing that quality.

Granted, if you want some *loud* this isn't going to cut it at all.. but if you just want to crank up the volume to 11 for your favorite songs, the Moonsoon will do you great without distortion.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
slowandlow said:
there is a differance between loud and loud with quality.
Yes, and that difference is Stock vs Aftermarket.
The monsoon can still be turned up loud without any loss in quality. You just won't be winning any competitions with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts