Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy for you - but I may have to sell...

Glad someone is happy about this car.
After haggling with GM Card Earnings, I'm still not sure if they are going to honor my 9 1/2 years of card earnilng $ toward my 1st 1,000 order.
May have to sell this 1st 1,000 and take one from dealer later.
Do you think there's a market out there for my order?
Serious buyers can call 313-389-7540.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
TR6 said:
Glad someone is happy about this car.
After haggling with GM Card Earnings, I'm still not sure if they are going to honor my 9 1/2 years of card earnilng $ toward my 1st 1,000 order.
Even after the first 1000 you probably will be capped on how much you can use? There was some threads on max of $1000 floating around. They usually limit stuff like this on sports cars because they can sell them without.

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
Even after the first 1000 you probably will be capped on how much you can use? There was some threads on max of $1000 floating around. They usually limit stuff like this on sports cars because they can sell them without.
A card holder for 9 1/2 years may still have the original Blue/Gold card. These cards can accumulate earnings of up to 7 years and $500 per year. All of the accumulated unexpired earnings would be eligible to use on a purchase of a non-1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks SD, I get confused with all these different GM cards :willy:

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
Thanks SD, I get confused with all these different GM cards :willy:
Practice.

Song Lyrics said:
"Now that you know how it's done, it's only a matter of practice"

"Well, I could sure use some of that practice"

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear small DEALER:
You may be correct or you may be wrong...I have a written communication from GM Card Earnings stating that my $3525 (the max) from my old GM Card may be used when the solstice arrives. I plan to hold them to this promise, if possible. An attorney will cost me $500 to fight the big giant.
This is frustrating and sad, since I pre-ordered the car 1 1/2 years ago, with the dealership promising me that I would be the first order and the first one to arrive - then the big Apprentice gimmick took over, and upset small DEALERs, big dealers and a lot of hopeful customers.
I already sold my '73 Porsche 911, so I could get this thing - and now I may be left out to dry!
I will sell the 1st 1,000, if I have to, I don't plan on feeding the big giant by having my dealer return it - serious collectors may call 313-389-7540, if they want a first 1,000. If all of them were sold in 42 minutes, I guess I should be able to sell mine (red, all 3 major options[conv/leath/pwr], air, ltd slip, mp3),
TR6

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Not being able to use GM Card points on the EOP cars has been clearly stated by GM on many occasions since they officially announced the program. Your dealer should have recieved paperwork backing this up, and it was their job to tell you about this GM policy. GM reserves the right to deny GM Card points on any car they choose, which they have chosen the EOP cars as one of those types.

You could always trade your EOP car position for another persons 4 month allotment, however in the rules of the EOP system you are the one required to take delivery of the EOP Solstice. You can't sell/trade it to another person until you've gotten it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dear Brent:
GM "reserves the right"? I'll have to dig up the letter I have from the GM earnings person with the big title, who assured me that my earnings will be good when my solstice arrives.

I've waited 9 1/2 years to use the earnings - they took away oldsmobile, after owning 7 of them (along with 5 other gm cars), and now they want to steal my "sol". (nothing else from this corporation has interested me in years)

I shall "reserve the right" to buy... and... sell it. Your're right about one thing though... you can't sell anything, until you've got it... but I can sure take a firm and healthy deposit.

I never had problems with being a 1st order of a stick shift pt cruiser (I've now had two), or a first year '84 fiero, or a first model mustang, way back then. Why does GM have to shoot itself in the foot, by trying to prevent me from getting what it already promised me? I already earned the earnings, now I wish they could earn some respect.

·
5,641 Posts
brentil said:
Not being able to use GM Card points on the EOP cars has been clearly stated by GM on many occasions since they officially announced the program. Your dealer should have recieved paperwork backing this up, and it was their job to tell you about this GM policy. GM reserves the right to deny GM Card points on any car they choose, which they have chosen the EOP cars as one of those types.

"14. Incentive/Allowance Programs:
None. The first 1,000 exclusive retail orders under this program are not eligible for any retail, Dealer or fleet incentives or allowances of any kind, or for purchase or lease under the GM Employee Purchase Programs (including GMO, GMS, EVP and PEP), the Supplier Purchase Program, Driver Education Program, GM Dealership Employee Purchase Program, GM Enhanced Dealership Employee Program or GM Tourist Policy. In addition, retired employee vouchers, Customer Assistance Center Goodwill certificates, and GM Card points may not be used toward the purchase or lease of one of the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders."

http://www.gmcard.com/GMCard/apply/faq/bp_faqcontent.jsp#q6
Q. How do I redeem my GM Card Earnings for vehicles?

A. To redeem your Earnings toward the retail purchase or lease of an eligible, new GM vehicle, first check your available Earnings online, then:

1) Visit the authorized Chevrolet,® Pontiac,® Buick,® Cadillac,® GMC,® Oldsmobile® or HUMMER® dealership of your choice.
2) Choose an eligible, new vehicle and negotiate your best price.
3) Identify yourself as a GM Cardmember and let the dealer representative know you would like to redeem your eligible Earnings.
4) Have the dealer representative contact the GM Card Customer Care Center through the dealer hotline.
5) Verify requested Cardmember identification information and then confirm your total amount of eligible GM Card Earnings.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can use your card earnings - UNLESS you are the first 1,000 (which it sounds like you are). Bummer - I fell into the same category.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Wonder what the restrictions are for the Zero Zippers and the Free Maintenance UNITS?

I would use it if I can.

Take care-Steve

:willy:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
2091351 said:
Wonder what the restrictions are for the Zero Zippers and the Free Maintenance UNITS?

Take care-Steve
QUOTE]

My assumption is that for the two make-up groups, there is no restriction. I certainly didn't have to sign any agreement nor did I see anything in writing from GM that would lead me to believe these groups are excluded. Also, we aren't getting any of the special "extras" that the First 1000 are getting, i.e. free gifts, special badging, special VIN #, etc. Basically, our deliveries were simply scheduled to occur right after the First 1000, as a sort of apology to us for getting screwed out of our place in the First 1000.

I know I have been diligently charging everything on my GM card, to increase my rebate as much as I can before delivery. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts