Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an email from my dealer that my car has been invoiced to them with an expected delivery date of, get this, 12/07. I doubt they'll make that but if it's even close, I'll be VERY pleased. Tomorrow's high predicted to be 76 degrees!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congratulations

Where are you that the temp is 76 degrees?
I am in North Florida - got called today from my dealer that est delivery date is 11/28. Too nervous to get excited.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Well since you got invoiced 15 days after I did and got an estimated delivery date of 12/7 I should have gotten mine today. Therefore don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Houston. Hey if it's here before Christmas I'll be very happy. I suspect cars produced with VIN's late in the 4000's and up that were initially built with the revised seals are moving much quicker through the process. Plus it's slated to go to the warn weather gulf coast region. May be something to that sunbelt preferential shipment thing... Who knows?

·
Registered
120 Posts
How in the world do you order a Solstice in Sept and get a potential delivery in Dec? I ordered at the end of June, order got put in the system at the end of Aug with estimated delivery near the end of Q106. I think my dealership is giving me the shaft along with enjoying collecting interest on my deposit. :brentil:

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
SlyFly said:
... an expected delivery date of, get this, 12/07.
I've got some TERRIBLE news for you, SlyFly.

Please note the expected delivery date. Does that date mean anything to you?

Are you aware that the date is a National Holiday over in a country named Japan? Are you aware of what they do to celebrate that date?

Yes, that's right, they are planning to launch several squadrons of Miata bombers and attack us again. And it won't be a pretty sight. I heard that Houston is a primary target, so I plan to be out of town that day.

Maybe you'll be lucky and they won't hit the railyard. Oh, wait, that's ALWAYS a favorite target of the bombers. Oh well.

:leaving:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Man, do I feel like a chump. I ordered in Aug and don't expect build until next year and delivery Feb or March. (if I am lucky) I guess you played the dealer allocation game better than me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have been watching your post real close. I ordered a sly with a two-tone interior on 10-10-05. Our event codes have been falling on the same dates. My VIN is 5637. Will have to email my dealer to see if I went to 4150 today. My dealer doesn't get back with me as fast as your does. I'm located in the NW corner of Ohio. Good luck with your early Dec. delivery.
Sol-06-Sly (John)

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
ATReincke said:
How in the world do you order a Solstice in Sept and get a potential delivery in Dec? I ordered at the end of June, order got put in the system at the end of Aug with estimated delivery near the end of Q106. I think my dealership is giving me the shaft along with enjoying collecting interest on my deposit. :brentil:
I talked to my dealer, went and talked to my wife, and then we both went back an put down a deposit in early September. There was no trick, just put us in line with my dealer's allocation. I was told that I was their second order of their first allocation...turns out I am first since the other was a stock order and a lower priority.

My dealer is a small dealer in a small town outside of Kansas City and I just got lucky that more people in my area did not know about the Solstice. I plan to change that when I get mine since it will be the first on the road inmy area and will be driven when it is not raining or there is no snow on the roads.

I got the call on Nov 16th that my car was built and that I have a VIN. If I believed the dealer I would have the car this week...based on these forums I believe I can have a car in my possession realistically sometime in December. :Happy Dance: (Don't think there is such an Icon, but there should be...)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gizmo2004 said:
I've got some TERRIBLE news for you, SlyFly.

Please note the expected delivery date. Does that date mean anything to you?

Day of infamy I know... I'll watch carefully for approaching Miata's in the rare event that it actually arrives on that day.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ATReincke said:
Basically, your order date doesn't mean a whole lot. It all has to do with dealer allocations and where you are within them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts