Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from the NY Auto Show and WOW!!! It really does look better in person. I'll post pics in this thread in a minute.

Overall size is similiar to all other roadsters (Z4, TT, S2000, etc.) but probably not as big as 350-Z. Was great to hear people walking up and saying wow what a great car...what is it...then guessing the price was 30K :smile Everyone seemed to like the lines.

The direct front angle which was giving me a little trouble looks better in person too. It's amazing when you walk around and see all the other roadsters at 33k and up and then the Solstice chimes in at 20k!

Reps were not much help...probably just hired hands delivering a speech. They are still annoucing Fall 05 as ETA. They call the car "pre-production" version and say there still may be some tweaks to it.

Outside walking around west side of Manhattan saw several Solstice posters on walls "now on display at NY Auto show".

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have to go tweak the pictures smaller...hitting a size restriction uploading pics.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
mceb-

Thanks for taking the pics and posting them! Once it confirms that I must have this car! :D I almost don't care how it performs, I just love the way it looks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
MSN article :-(

My msn.com homepage today has a link to the NY Auto Show.

All I can say is I'm thankful that mceb posted pictures he took!

No thumbnails or even a mention of the Solstice in the article...

Unless I missed something or there are two auto shows going?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
mstorace said:
What Is Speed Vison...is That A Tv Show?
Speedvision is the old name for what is now called The Speed Channel, Speed Channel, or simply "Speed." The name changed when they were bought out by Fox. Unfortunately, the programming changed quite a bit as well. Used to cover aviation and boating as well as cars. Used to be more motorcycling shows as well.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Bull_07 said:
Two tailpipes, is it really that hard??
It would have been nice if they kept the center exit exhaust they had on the 2002 prototype, especially with a single outlet exhaust. I bet dual pipes show up on the S/C motor down the road.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rocknroll said:
I've read that th esolstice will only come in one colour. Is that true?
From what I read it is the European grey.
No...that's crazy. The pre-production model is only in gray but it will certainly be offered in other colors (yet to be released).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts