Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know what my VIN# translates to. I was told my VIN is 1G2MB33B06Y101239 yet on another thread I see people listing their VIN's in only a few digits. What's up? How do I decipher mine?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
OZ40 said:
How do I know what my VIN# translates to. I was told my VIN is 1G2MB33B06Y101239 yet on another thread I see people listing their VIN's in only a few digits. What's up? How do I decipher mine?
Last 4 or 6 numbers.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
As deluke said if you see someone posting a 3-4 digit number they're an EOP car owners. Anyone posting 5 or more are post EOP. EOP cars were 00xxxx while post EOP cars are 10xxxx.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
OZ40 said:
Basically, we are all too lazy to type out the whole VIN #. The beginning part is pretty much always the same/similar and basically describes what the car is. The last six digits are the sequential part that tells you which order the cars were built in.

If you want to know more about what the full VIN means, check out this thread on decoding the VIN #, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4366&highlight=decode

1 - 4 of 4 Posts