Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooooo I want more power. I'd say I want at least a good 375 rwhp. I just bought some wiseco pistons so that I can know that I won't have that problem. What else would you guys recommend? I know there's people in here pushing more, if not the same of what I want. I have a 2007 GXP with lowering springs, Dejon Intake, Dejon Intercooler, Werks Phenolic spacers on TB and IM, Trifecta tune to 23lbs, DDM Intercooler pipes. My deal is that I like to play it safe. Therefore I would like to know what else I should do, and what other mods I should get (possible with stock turbo?) to get to 375rwhp.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
People always ask me what I think i'm making (no dyno yet because I want more before I dyno it), but I never really know what to guesstimate. Anybody here can make a decent guesstimate on what I make with my mods? It did a 13.3 1/4 mile spinning (street tires).

·
Registered
258 Posts
375rwhp on stock turbo isn't going to be possible. Now, with your bolt-on's E47/E85 and some cams and a very aggressive tune you can get something in the ballpark of my numbers or more. I'm switching turbo soon cause as of right now I'm completely maxed out.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm I see. So E85 is the way to go?? I kind of wanted to stay away from it because I've read that it gums up the injectors :( Plus it's quite a drive to the nearest Kroger station, but I def like the gains that one would get with it. Imaj stated that he pushed 350rwhp with E85 and the same mods as me with stock turbo.

·
Registered
258 Posts

357whp 410trq E47(50/50) on a dyno Dynamics(The Heartbreaker). I'm switching out my stock turbo though, this is as much as I'll get out of it. That was with just bolt-on's and E47 tune. NO Cams or Springs like I have now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm, I can be happy with 357 :) Show me the ways of the jedi. What all do you have done to your car? Stock pistons?

·
Registered
258 Posts
The engine is mostly stock. Stock pistons, Rods etc. The Cams were upgraded to ZZP's S1 bigger fuel lobe, Supertech Springs, DDM intercooler and Charge pipes, Forge BPV, Solo Performance Mach Shorty 3" Turboback. The most important piece will be your tune as that will take advantage of all these parts. I'm currently tuned with HP Tuner's on Full E85. I switched when I got the cams and springs in, before that I was running E47. My tuner is the man. Trifecta is good, I used to talk with Vince over the phone a lot, but my tuner is a LNF beast.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changing out the springs does what? Just trying to learn more about these LNF's. I plan on doing pistons in a few weeks, wondering if it's worth doing the springs too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Do you have Pistons & Rods already bought? I have brand new never used Wiseco pistons and Carillo Rods that I'm selling

·
Registered
628 Posts
Get the rods!!! Fully built bottom end (Stock cams, Stock Valves)- modest tune, 91 octane, and 26 psi over 400... of course I have the 5557B- with the stock turbo you'd see at least mid 300's (350 ~ 360hp) safely.
Although I am highly intrigued about this tuner of yours, and the valave train upgrade (Springs and Cams) maybe 500's are in my future!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So with my mods, and 26psi I can do mid 300's??? hmmmmm I might just be happy with that. After pistons....i doubt the rods will give me problems, and I"d rather just put that rod money in getting some looks for the sol.

·
Registered
628 Posts
So with my mods, and 26psi I can do mid 300's??? hmmmmm I might just be happy with that. After pistons....i doubt the rods will give me problems, and I"d rather just put that rod money in getting some looks for the sol.
There's never "enough" power! Trust me!

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Not sure if everyone is talking about crank or horsepower at the wheels, but the stock turbo is pretty much done around 300hp at the wheels on pump gas. You can pick up some more running E85 or meth, but 350 at the wheels on a stock turbo is going to be really pushing it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
How much for the Wiseco pistons and Carillo Rods?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
DDM tuned my car on meth to 320 hp with all bolt ons

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ok, just contacted vince, i'm going e85.
Don't do it!:devil:

Seriously, do you have access to anyone with an HPTuners cable? Here's my advice, put the money you'd spend doing the rods and buy HPTuners if you have to. (I'd do a good tune before engine mods and valve springs before pistons.)

How much is Vince gonna charge you for an E85 tune? If his cost is even only half way to buying your own HPTuners, I'd sure go that route. Sorry but I've seen too many Trifecta E85 tunes and logs. As kindly as I can say it, I wouldn't recommend a Trifecta E85 tune to my worst enemy.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts