Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I work 1.5 miles from the plant, I've been dubbed the forum's spy. Here's what I've got today: Auto carriers are leaving regularly. Good sign. My car, however, is "in the shed." Yes, actually, that's what I found out today - oh, not from my dealer, who can't find out anything. From - hmmm - do I out my sources and risk a Senate investigation? - the wife of a friend who knows a lady whose next door neighbor works at the plant....Anyway, being in the shed is not a euphemism for "on quality hold," where my Sly has been for 2 months. There actually IS a shed - well, I'd call it a huge warehouse - behind the plant. Lots of quality hold cars are "in the shed." Wonder what happens "in the shed?" I'll try to discover that later this week....
-Sly, two-tone leather, all options, built 9/15, sent to the shed for a L-O-N-G "time out," happy to see all those higher VIN #'s getting their cars, and still waiting....

·
Registered
178 Posts
My VIN 1690 is in the shed also I guess? (Built 9/19)

It would be good to find out how fast there working on those in the shed.

Keep us posted if you can find out.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
"In the shed" :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Any word on a hiccup at the plant in the last couple of weeks? Talked to the sales manager, I went 3000 on 10/19, advanced to 3100, a week or 2 after that, even had a TPW of this week assigned, as of 11/12 I'm back to 3000! Sales manager said I should check with my 'insider', had to laugh, since the forum is the best source of inside info around!

:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Myturn said:
.... I've been dubbed the forum's spy. ....

The name's Turn. My Turn. Secret Agent "double-oh-Solstice". Licensed to thrill. :cool:

·
Registered
836 Posts
:thumbs: I like that!!
Hey if my dealers been 'invoiced' does that mean anything good for me?? He seems to know absolutely nothing and EVERYTHING i've learned has come from the forum

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Just remember they shoot spies on sight :lol:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
SolsticeSJA said:
:thumbs: I like that!!
Hey if my dealers been 'invoiced' does that mean anything good for me?? He seems to know absolutely nothing and EVERYTHING i've learned has come from the forum
that means you are at code 4150....pass code 3800 and probably produced and vehicle going thru QC...or ready for shipment..4200....ask him to run a VOMS event history listing for you...the sales manager can probably do that..not the salesman....your wait is getting shorter as well..good luck

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
See if you can't get any information or pictures of Pure's being shipped south to Texas.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
PAO said:
that means you are at code 4150....pass code 3800 and probably produced and vehicle going thru QC...or ready for shipment..4200....ask him to run a VOMS event history listing for you...the sales manager can probably do that..not the salesman....your wait is getting shorter as well..good luck
Absolutely produced! No invoice without windshield inspection stickers. The car is built. And a good chance already in transit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Invoice doesn't necessary mean your car will be in soon. My dealer was invoiced in September, I think towards the end, the car was built end Sep/1st Oct. Then the car went somewhere for a long time....Finally on a rail car to be here?
When the dealer is invoiced at least you know that it was built and sometime you will get it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts