Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
Lance,
Maybe this will help get an idea about the color inserts, but I could be off a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Lance,
Maybe this will help get an idea about the color inserts, but I could be off a bit.
Ahhh... I'm learning guys! I won't be green forever! :grouphug:

Thanks for the help on this one.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
mabrylm said:
Will you guys have a pic of the rubber inserts as well. I'm kind of confused on this one. Changing the pedals to aluminum and then putting rubber on top? I can't quite picture this in my mind, but I've never looked at buying pedals before either.

Pics would be great! Thanks
I hope this helps... First pict is without Rubber inserts, second with.

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The Stig said:
I hope this helps... First pict is without Rubber inserts, second with.

Neil
That looks nice. Will the color of rubber only be black or are you going to match Solstice paint colors? Interior Colors?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
mabrylm said:
That looks nice. Will the color of rubber only be black or are you going to match Solstice paint colors? Interior Colors?
The rubber inserts will only be available in black. :yesnod:

Neil

·
Registered
212 Posts
Helios said:
Or even better, to match the outside of the car (I'm thinkin' red)
:agree: I'd want red. I've got a set of four red pedals in my red Celica with red window tint. I'd pretty much do the same thing to the GXP when I get it...stock red GXP stitching in the leather seats is a good start to the interior. A few more ideas once I get the car and it'll be a great Celica replacement :cool:

·
Registered
895 Posts
I drove the Kappasphere car at the WCKCC event. These pedals were on their car. It just stopped raining and the bottoms of my shoes were wet. I got on it a couple of times and my feet stuck to these pedals. They also look very cool.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Stig,

Can you tell us how the dead pedal attaches? It would appear that holes are drilled and then the pedal screwed in. Is that correct?

Thanks!

--Chemist

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Any word on when these will be available to purchase with the rubber inserts? Any chance we can see a pic of the pedal box with the rubber inserts included?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
BUMP (and thanks!)
Chemist said:
Stig,

Can you tell us how the dead pedal attaches? It would appear that holes are drilled and then the pedal screwed in. Is that correct?

Thanks!

--Chemist

·
Registered
214 Posts
Chemist said:
Stig,

Thanks!

--Chemist
Correct! :cheers:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Chemist said:
Stig,

Thanks!

--Chemist
Yes, it's as simple as that. The drilling makes it really easy since the stock footrest is plastic and very easy to remove. :)

Neil

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
The Stig said:
Yes, it's as simple as that. The drilling makes it really easy since the stock footrest is plastic and very easy to remove. :)

Neil
Cool! I've already got my wife looking at this for my birthday!

--Chemist

·
Registered
192 Posts
The Stig said:

Neil
Neil,
Anything beneath the footrest area that we should be concerned with? Worrying about drilling through and hitting something important. Also, are you guys supplying the mounting hardware as well, the site does not say?
Frank

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm still waitning for my car, and just bought those cool pedals, footrest and lil chromies....I gues I can place them in the reserved parking sapot in the garage.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
fak429 said:
Neil,
Anything beneath the footrest area that we should be concerned with? Worrying about drilling through and hitting something important. Also, are you guys supplying the mounting hardware as well, the site does not say?
Frank
Frank
There is nothing beneath the driver's footrest. But to be safe I would recommend actually removing the stock footrest from the car to drill. This is much easier than trying to drill it in the car. The stock footrest comes out with 2 bolts.

Neil

41 - 60 of 70 Posts