Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
im trying to get some more power out of my 2.4 without forced induction. i just wanted to know if there were any ways to up the torque; headers? pistons? exhaust? anything really, and that way when i do finally get forced induction ill have an engine that can handle all the power :)
thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wait,

so you want the most power out of the N/A setup but then you mention so you will be ready for a Forced inducted setup?? So you want to make power or build the motor? Possibly both???

Well for making more power, definitely the exhaust/headers.

Now for building the motor, Rods, Pistons, cams/springs and a good tune. Doing this in a progressive matter will assure you a ride you'll be happy with.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Trubo it, it can be done relatively cheap... If you shop around right and dont cheap out on the tune and turbo mostly the tune, if done cheap you can get around 250 at the wheels no problem and safely

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Specially when Dave from DDM may have a slightly used S/C or Turbo in their shop at a very reasonable price.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
The 2.4 is fairly well optimised as delivered, and you aren't going to see any major increases in torque or horsepower without a good tune. That said, the best way to more mid-range torque is a good long tube header, together with a tune that optimizes for it. See DDMWorks for both, and then you'll be ready for their supercharger kits.

I think Dave has a couple of trade-in stage 2 kits he's getting ready for sale at pretty good pricing. :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Also be aware that some of the changes you would normally make on a conventionally tuned engine for more power are counterproductive on a blown engine. Increasing compression and going to a non-turbo suitable cam are two examples.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I've heard that wearing the correct shoes is a cheap way to get more power.

Sorry. I'll go sit in the corner now.

:sorry:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Also be aware that some of the changes you would normally make on a conventionally tuned engine for more power are counterproductive on a blown engine. Increasing compression and going to a non-turbo suitable cam are two examples.
Exactly. You'll spend thousands to eek a tiny bit more out of a built NA motor when you could bolt on FI for about the same. Traditional bolt-ons like headers, intake and exhaust are about all you can do and can be resold/reused if you ever go FI but you'd be wasting a huge chunk of money trying to build a naturally aspirated ecotec.

It's not worth it.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fair enough, love the responses :p
so basically building the engine wouldnt be worth it and the best way to go is forced induction :p im down for that lol
just wanted to get some input from people who know a bit more about the car than i do :)

and DaveOC how much we talkin :) id definately be interested :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm doing a turbo low cost and now I'm in about 150 50 for trubo 40 for FMIC 60 for manifold it can be done cheaply but takes time to find parts that people wanna get rid of quickly so you can low ball them hard :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts