Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I've heard this, anyone else:
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=151482

Excerpt:
"When he opened the trunk he mentioned that the center hump that takes up much of the trunk space would disappear as part of a mid-model year upgrade. "

R.U.S.T.

·
Registered
600 Posts
That would be great, but don't expect it so soon. Can anything be put in the humps? Looks empty to me.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikefred1952 said:
That would be great, but don't expect it so soon. Can anything be put in the humps? Looks empty to me.
mikefred, I think we've crossed wires, i assumed they were saying the temple would be gone (relocated or flattened out = more trunk space)! Anyone heard about this?

G

·
Hopefully one of the current Solstice Owners will let us know if anything is under there or not. I have always thought the gas tank would be under there, but I am not sure.

If there is nothing under there, and they flatten it out for a mid year model change, there will be a lot of Solstice owners not happy with GM for not making it flat in the first place.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BadAzSolstice said:
Hopefully one of the current Solstice Owners will let us know if anything is under there or not. I have always thought the gas tank would be under there, but I am not sure.

If there is nothing under there, and they flatten it out for a mid year model change, there will be a lot of Solstice owners not happy with GM for not making it flat in the first place.
I believe it's confirmed to be the gas tank. Question is, will they get a new design for the tank soon. And, can they, something has to hold the top up when stowed?

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fortimir said:
makes me want to wait for them to remove the hump.
I say it's buffalo chips, any one want to place bets........ :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
RODEO said:
That's bad :devil: :lol:

I didn't get the sol - rabbit comparison, can anyone explain without going off topic too far......
I have no idea... but some people got their jollys off on it so I couldn't resist a reply. That's not how I roll.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
5,600 Posts
If true, this would be a huge scoop about a dire need. I imagine the 1st 1000 owners would be pretty upset about the limited trunk room. But the trunk is so tiny, I would think that GM would have to do something about increasing storage sooner than later, just to keep the Solstice a viable seller years down the road. I don't expect this change to come in the 1st model year, but I would expect this change to come sooner than later. A mid-model year change to a more trunk room would be a truly welcomed surprise. We can only hope! :cheers:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
RODEO said:
First I've heard this, anyone else:
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=151482

Excerpt:
"When he opened the trunk he mentioned that the center hump that takes up much of the trunk space would disappear as part of a mid-model year upgrade. "

R.U.S.T.
Well, if it's on the Miata web site ... then it must be true! ;) :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MSG_McKee said:
Well, if it's on the Miata web site ... then it must be true! ;) :lol:
I only bring the best :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I don't remember where I read it but supposedly part of the fuel tank design was thanks to those damn AFBTSs on the roof. They needed extra space on the sides to make room for them. If this rumor were to be true how could it come true? If GM used an AFBTS-less roof then you no longer need the mayan temple design. No longer needing the mayan temple layout I bet they could instead use one large flatter tank instead of the temple shaped one that juts way up. Also if the roof was missing those buttresses then the roof would also take up less space in teh trunk too. I bet you could easily get extra usable space with the roof down that way. Plus even more with the roof up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
RODEO said:
That's bad :devil: :lol:

I didn't get the sol - rabbit comparison, can anyone explain without going off topic too far......
It's the teeth of Bugs and the grill of the Sol...I got it right off the bat ~ had me rolling. :willy:

Probably better if you imagine bugs w/ his mouth closed and teeth still stickin out

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.