Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading all about the solstice water pump issues. My car has yet to reach the mileage where people have started reporting issues. However, being the good boy scout that I am I am thinking of purchasing a new pump and having it ready for what like seems like the inevitable. One reason for this is I live in Canada where auto parts, for what ever reason, cost a whole lot more than in the US. We spend our winters in Mexico and on our way home in the spring while driving through the US, I purchase anything I might need for the car. Also some suppliers like to charge a lot more for shipping if the part is destined for Canada. Some even refuse to ship to Canada.

So my question is? I have looked on line and found a huge range in prices, starting at $35 for an A1 Cardone, what ever that is. Auto Parts Warehouse has a GBM for $55.25 and free shipping. Parts Geek has a Bosch for $59.23. But if I go to a GM dealer parts web site the pump sells for between $150 and $250. What am I missing here?

Thanks, Don from Nanaimo

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Dealer is always going to be most expensive. I've never read anywhere on the forum where someone had purchased a "cardone" whatever the hellitis. The A/C Delco has been used by several and I believe a few have purchased the Bosch. Jury's still out as to whether one brand has better longevity over another.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stay away from the A1 Cardone it's rebulit. Just did the Bosch, only got 40to 50k mi on the dealer pumps. On third pump now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. From reading the posts from CEV93 and others it looks like you don't get the complete pump for under a $100. If you want the complete pump the price goes up to the $200 range. I like the looks of the one from ZZ Performance, but they are out of stock at the moment. Will keep an eye on them.

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts