Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Morris County or Northern NJ w/ a Sol yet or has ordered one at a dealership up here. I'm flying up from school this this weekend to visit a dealership in Randolph on Rt 10 that has one in the showroom until monday. If anyone is interested the dealerships name is Salerno Pontiac. One last thing insurance quotes for a 21 yr old on a Sol are sick, I envy you older guys right now! :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,849 Posts
Salerno is where mceb got his (I think).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
solli4me said:
Salerno is where mceb got his (I think).
Yeah, mceb got his F1K from Salerno in Randolph, and I have my order for a regular allocation car with them. I think mceb is away on vacation this week though.

I've already been in to Salerno to check out the pre-production Solstice that they've got there. Had a great time checking it all out, but it does make the waiting harder. Especially since the cooler fall weather is starting to kick in in NJ. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
anticd70 said:
Anyone in Morris County or Northern NJ w/ a Sol yet or has ordered one at a dealership up here. I'm flying up from school this this weekend to visit a dealership in Randolph on Rt 10 that has one in the showroom until monday. If anyone is interested the dealerships name is Salerno Pontiac. One last thing insurance quotes for a 21 yr old on a Sol are sick, I envy you older guys right now! :lol:
I have a friend who saw one in Union County about two weeks ago. That is where I am but, I have yet to see any on the road or in a dealer myself. When I ordered mine in April the dealer on Rt. 22 in Union had a pre-prodution Sol there, that is the closest that I have come to the real thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
My friend got his from Rassas in Red Bank, Central Jersey and I think they said they got the only 2 in Central Jersey.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,849 Posts
When I ordered mine in April the dealer on Rt. 22 in Union had a pre-prodution Sol there, that is the closest that I have come to the real thing. slygirl
I was there that day and saw the car too. Had my brochure signed by that bowtie guy from the Apprentice: Raj.
So they actually took your order on 4/15?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
solli4me said:
I was there that day and saw the car too. Had my brochure signed by that bowtie guy from the Apprentice: Raj.
So they actually took your order on 4/15?
I was actually there on 4/14. My saleman had Raj sign my brochure 0n the 15th (I was at work). They took my deposit on 4/14, at that time I was #9 on their list. But somehow, I will be #2 recieving my Sol.

If I had not seen the car that day I doubt I whould have ordered one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,849 Posts
congrats mceb. Where in LBI were you? I spent time in Surf City over Labor day. Harry picked his car up yesterday/day before from Greenbrook.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Recieved mine! -McGuire Pontiac, Little Falls

Hello everyone, I just got my Solstice at the Little Falls, NJ dealership. It was in their 1st allocation (they got no 1st 1000) I had no idea it was coming. They got it Thursday night and they called Friday morning. I picked it up that day and I'm not exactly happy. I asked for Leather and I didn't get it and they marked it up (apparently sameone came in before me and offered $30,00 for it) The MSRP should have been 23,300 but it was marked up to 27,579. I did get free Lo-Jack added on but I'm still pissed. They weren't offering leases on the car so I had to finance it-the rate was 8.29%. I'm going to shop around for a better rate and re-finance it. They only got 2 in, the other one was black and mine is Pure w/everything except On-star, Leather and premium soung system. I've had a deposit on it since April and have been anxiously awaiting the car so I bit the bullet and payed more. I'm inclined to say it's worth it- it's a beautiful car and drives great but I was counting on a lease at the current MSRP. Instead I'm financing at a higher MSRP and the payments are almost double what I had planned with the lease. This is going to break my budget but I guess I'll manage.

Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,849 Posts
What!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
cgrasso said:
Hello everyone, I just got my Solstice at the Little Falls, NJ dealership. It was in their 1st allocation (they got no 1st 1000) I had no idea it was coming. They got it Thursday night and they called Friday morning. I picked it up that day and I'm not exactly happy. I asked for Leather and I didn't get it and they marked it up (apparently sameone came in before me and offered $30,00 for it) The MSRP should have been 23,300 but it was marked up to 27,579. I did get free Lo-Jack added on but I'm still pissed. They weren't offering leases on the car so I had to finance it-the rate was 8.29%. I'm going to shop around for a better rate and re-finance it. They only got 2 in, the other one was black and mine is Pure w/everything except On-star, Leather and premium soung system. I've had a deposit on it since April and have been anxiously awaiting the car so I bit the bullet and payed more. I'm inclined to say it's worth it- it's a beautiful car and drives great but I was counting on a lease at the current MSRP. Instead I'm financing at a higher MSRP and the payments are almost double what I had planned with the lease. This is going to break my budget but I guess I'll manage.

Chris
Check with Capital One, they send you a blank check then you can pay off the other. I got 5 1/4. You also know in a matter of min. then they just send you a check and you fill it out for the amt. you want.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
solli4me said:
congrats mceb. Where in LBI were you? I spent time in Surf City over Labor day.
Next town over, Ship Bottom. Went in partners with my mother on a shore bungalow 11 years ago. Rental place so I get to use it after all the tenants leave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
cgrasso said:
Hello everyone, I just got my Solstice at the Little Falls, NJ dealership. It was in their 1st allocation (they got no 1st 1000) I had no idea it was coming. They got it Thursday night and they called Friday morning. I picked it up that day and I'm not exactly happy. I asked for Leather and I didn't get it and they marked it up (apparently sameone came in before me and offered $30,00 for it) The MSRP should have been 23,300 but it was marked up to 27,579. I did get free Lo-Jack added on but I'm still pissed. They weren't offering leases on the car so I had to finance it-the rate was 8.29%. I'm going to shop around for a better rate and re-finance it. They only got 2 in, the other one was black and mine is Pure w/everything except On-star, Leather and premium soung system. I've had a deposit on it since April and have been anxiously awaiting the car so I bit the bullet and payed more. I'm inclined to say it's worth it- it's a beautiful car and drives great but I was counting on a lease at the current MSRP. Instead I'm financing at a higher MSRP and the payments are almost double what I had planned with the lease. This is going to break my budget but I guess I'll manage.

Chris
OMG! If my dealer tries to pull anything like that, I just know I am going to explode! :brentil: I've got a verbal commitment from my dealer that the price would be MSRP, but all these stories of price gouging have really got me worried. I won't be paying more than MSRP. If I have to walk away from the car then that is what I will do. I just hope the dealership honors their promises and it doesn't come down to that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
dengel said:
OMG! If my dealer tries to pull anything like that, I just know I am going to explode! :brentil: I've got a verbal commitment from my dealer that the price would be MSRP, but all these stories of price gouging have really got me worried. I won't be paying more than MSRP. If I have to walk away from the car then that is what I will do. I just hope the dealership honors their promises and it doesn't come down to that.
Long time ago I was told our dealer had a no over sticker policy. I had asked about it in late 2004. Things have changed over there including the guy who told me this has since left. Hope they honor sticker and don't join the dark side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
mceb said:
Long time ago I was told our dealer had a no over sticker policy. I had asked about it in late 2004. Things have changed over there including the guy who told me this has since left. Hope they honor sticker and don't join the dark side.
That is exactly my concern. I wasn't worried when I ordered the car in March, ordering the car based only on a verbal commitment from the original GM who made the MSRP promise, but now I'm starting to get worried that they will try and go back on that promise since he left.

Well, it looks like my car finally made it into production (went to 3400 9/28) so I will find out in another month or so, I guess. Hopefully I'm stressing over nothing and they'll only ask for MSRP.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,849 Posts
Anymore donkeydust and I'll cancel my order and move over to the green side. I read in the Sunday Times that the newer hybrids are pumped up awesome. 0-60 in 6.9 seconds, 268 hp, 30 mpg.


This was taken from Marvin T's link: http://autoextremist.com/page2.shtml#Rant

"The one glaring result of the survey – the fact that GM is one of the manufacturers at the bottom rung - echoes a much larger concern about GM that’s stirring from both inside and outside the corporation. And that is that General Motors is consistently losing the PR war on all fronts – and it’s costing them dearly in terms of their image with the media intelligentsia on both coasts, their image in Washington, and in the battle for the hearts and minds of the American consumer, a battle that’s being dominated on every level by Toyota, its most formidable competitor.
In many ways, GM’s lackluster performance in the Public Relations arena mirrors GM’s overall lackluster performance in the automobile business. Over the last 15 years - arrogance, complacency, a smug reticence, bad product decisions and even worse marketing maneuvers have marked GM’s (and Detroit’s) swoon into its market tailspin. And in GM’s case, its almost total failure in the PR arena over the last few years has crippled the company to devastating effect....

GM is clearly a company in crisis mode right now. They’re getting hammered at every turn by the card-carrying members of the anti-car, anti-Detroit intelligentsia in the Green movement and by the equally strident anti-Detroit media centers on both coasts, not to mention by a large faction of Washington political operatives who would like nothing better than to see GM – and Detroit - go down in flames. Add to this the fact that Toyota has gained the upper hand on GM at every turn, and you have a company that’s slumping against the ropes like a punch-drunk boxer about to go down for the count.

GM is being taken to task on a daily basis by the media and by its foremost competitor because it has failed to understand the integral and powerful role Public Relations must play in the company’s revival and long-term survival. And until they get a grasp on the PR situation, it won’t matter how many "gotta have" products they can generate."
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
dengel said:
Hopefully I'm stressing over nothing and they'll only ask for MSRP.
You think it's best to ask the question now or say nothing and hope?

p.s. I heard Steve landed a GM job at some Chevy place. Pulled the finance guy with him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
mceb said:
You think it's best to ask the question now or say nothing and hope?

p.s. I heard Steve landed a GM job at some Chevy place. Pulled the finance guy with him.
I should have a VIN in another week or two. I figure once I get the VIN, I'll ask the dealer to give me a final price, including tax and fees, so that I can get my pre-approved financing lined-up. But I think the dealer might put me off until they receive the invoice. At a minimum, I figure I am going to have to educate them about the option price increases that hit mid-September, and the fact that I should be eligible for price protection on these costs. The guys at the dealership all seem really nice, but with Steve gone, I'm not quite sure how much they actually know.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top