Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I joined this group for the 2012 Fall run and enjoyed it thoroughly. Just wondering if there has ever been a run to Mosport (now called Canadian Tire Motorsport Park).

I work there every race weekend as a race marshal and think it would be a great "end of run" location. Arriving just after lunch would provide lots of time to watch racing before heading home.

There is complimentary admission to the park on Regional Race weekends which, for 2013, occur on May 4/5, June 22/23, July 27/28, Sept 14/15 and Sept 28/29.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
That'd be fun to do and free is always good. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I am always up for a cruise!!!:thumbs: If you do the first weekend in May I will still have the Club Racer Hard Top on my Sol. She will look close to the 2007 SCCA T2 Champion except with lots more mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am always up for a cruise!!!:thumbs: If you do the first weekend in May I will still have the Club Racer Hard Top on my Sol. She will look close to the 2007 SCCA T2 Champion except with lots more mods.
I'm instructing at a school for new track marshals that weekend so that's the only one that won't work for me.....still complimentary admission available that weekend.

Those tickets will be available to download at Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs - Ontario Region | We've Got The Place To Race before the racing season begins.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
sounds like something to plan for this spring, summer or fall...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Keeping an eye on this one. :lurk:
I have been watching the big ALMS race there every year, and also go a couple of times per year during the week for track days. Last year I did go to one of the regional weekends, and it was a good time to watch some live racing for a couple hours.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
:lurk::lurk:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
my car would probably fall apart if I tried to take it out on the track. I'd rather bring my G8 with some real muscle!

·
Registered
305 Posts
my car would probably fall apart if I tried to take it out on the track. I'd rather bring my G8 with some real muscle!
I do OK with the Kappa. Corners better than a stock G8.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yeah guys, I don't believe this is about taking the car out on the track but getting together as a group to watch a race one weekend at Mosport. It'd be fun!
Last time I did something like this was soon after I got the car. Pontiac was giving tickets away for a race weekend at Watkins Glen complete with swag. Took my son down and we had an absolute blast! I have to admit though, with all the visiting I did with the fellow owners we didn't see much of the race. :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Although I have never done this before I'd be prepared to help organize this run from Timmies in Newmarket to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (formerly Mosport) starting around 10 am and arriving at CTMP shortly after lunch. It would be about a 120+ km run, all on mostly secondary paved roads.
The days to consider are Saturday June 22 (BARC Race weekend) or Saturday September 14 (BEMC Race weekend). The afternoon racing would be the first racing of the weekend and would end around 5:30 p.m.
I could arrange complimentary admission tickets and alert the restaurant that we were arriving.
A response on this forum would measure initial interest and date preference.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
June 22nd would be my preference. I'd be a blast!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I'm in. Either date is fine.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Although I have never done this before I'd be prepared to help organize this run from Timmies in Newmarket to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (formerly Mosport) starting around 10 am and arriving at CTMP shortly after lunch. It would be about a 120+ km run, all on mostly secondary paved roads.
The days to consider are Saturday June 22 (BARC Race weekend) or Saturday September 14 (BEMC Race weekend). The afternoon racing would be the first racing of the weekend and would end around 5:30 p.m.
I could arrange complimentary admission tickets and alert the restaurant that we were arriving.
A response on this forum would measure initial interest and date preference.
Sounds like a great day. I spent many of weekends at Mosport back in the early to mid-70's. Would love to return and the cruise over from Newmarket would be great.

I suggest you add all the details, time, meet location, any costs involved, etc. and this will then bring to to everyone's attention. I can 'Stick' the thread so it appears at the top of the SSOOO thread.

If you need any other advice to organize let me know via direct message.

jackl

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like a great day. I spent many of weekends at Mosport back in the early to mid-70's. Would love to return and the cruise over from Newmarket would be great.

I suggest you add all the details, time, meet location, any costs involved, etc. and this will then bring to to everyone's attention. I can 'Stick' the thread so it appears at the top of the SSOOO thread.

If you need any other advice to organize let me know via direct message.

jackl
Thanks Jack. I will be in touch to seek your expertise.
Mike

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
We're in for this, as indicated on FB! :grouphug: :lurk:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts