1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
What's on it if it's what I think is almost exactly what is on the special DVD from the circle brochure. They were free while they lasted. And your dealer probably has the vid you are looking at sitting on a shelf with your name on it, if you ask.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wonder if SmallDealer or my dealer has a copy.... (it's up to $72.).

:lurk:- I've got the popcorn... movie tics a little hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

·
5,641 Posts
Also includes a CD-ROM. Supply your own popcorn. And it is not the DVD from the apprentice brochure. It is the salesperson training DVD that Cadillacricket was just finishing when he first posted here and got dumped on for repeating some knwo feature infomation.

$72 is a lot less then the possible cost GM charges for it.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good! Use DVDshrink or DVDdecrypter and I will host a torrent of it! :devil:

·
5,641 Posts
dori-san said:
Good! Use DVDshrink or DVDdecrypter and I will host a torrent of it! :devil:

I am confussed now. Why would you host the Torrent DVD infomation for a Solstice site? ;)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
How do you host a Pontiac Torrent? Invite it into your living room? Give it a place to sleep? ;)
As capable as it is purported to be, it can climb into a top bunk all by itself. :cool:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
People still looking for a copy of this? I got one of the first ones I saw off of E-bay (didn't pay $60+ for it either) and have been out of town all week. I've got it now, but haven't stuck it into the player to see what's on it... heck, I haven't even opened it up yet... been catching up on the site first.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
So I sat down and watched the DVD. It's about 45 minutes in total play time. The CD-ROM which also comes inside with the DVD contains the same presentation, only in .mpg format fit to view on your computer. The CD-ROM also includes a .pdf file called Solstice_Trifold.pdf.

I tried to upload the file, however it's slightly over 300 kb, and the limit says 200 kb. Putfile doesn't allow .pdf files.. so not sure where to put the .pdf at.

The .mpg files vary from ~31MB to just over 100MB (~516MB in total). Someone have a place to host them? I've got a fast enough connection (and can FTP) to send them somewhere.

·
497 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:lurk: WATCHING IT NOW!!! :lurk:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love how the "Performance & Handling" segment was the longest one! :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I like the way they talk about how the engine is strong 'all the way up to it's high revving redline', while showing a graphic of the tach bouncing off the peg at 8000.

I doubt we're supposed to do that!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Excelsior and others have mentioned that upon starting the car all the needles bounce to the limit and back.

...I guess its some method of calibration it performs each time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts