Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over all Motor Trend is extemely happy with the Sol. Claiming its good enough that they'll never have to mention the Fiero again.

Things they were dissapointed with:
Cheap, plastics cover cubbies with no lock
Gaps on the rear deck
Virtually no trunk space
Fix-a-flat

Things they liked:
Very neutral handling, hard to kick the ass out
Fresh design
Fits like a glove and melds with you to become one on a mountain road

Stats:
Weight at 2878lbs 52/48%
Got 7.0 sec for 0-60
1/4 in 15.6 @ 88.2
.9g's
Braking 60-0 at 113ft
And a subwoofer behind the drivers seat :lol:

They did take a cheap shot at the Firebird... we wear gold chains not mullets! :brentil:

·
Registered
753 Posts
where are you people finding ocober articles in august? i'll buy it at the newstand, but can you scan it in the mean time?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can scan it tomorrow when I get to work...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
cdb said:
where are you people finding ocober articles in august? i'll buy it at the newstand, but can you scan it in the mean time?
This is the downside of subscriptions...they hit the newstands on the day they load the magazines on the Solstice delivery truck and then we wait and wait and wait....4th class snail mail but what do we expect from MT for only $12/yr.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm amazed how difficult it is to find Motor Trend, Car & Driver and Autoweek at the newstand. I stand there for 10 minutes scanning across the BMW and Mustang and Biker magazines...too many to count, but can't find the classic rags. Have yet to see one of those mentioned with the Sol on the cover.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
240ZRX7MiataSol said:
I'm amazed how difficult it is to find Motor Trend, Car & Driver and Autoweek at the newstand. I stand there for 10 minutes scanning across the BMW and Mustang and Biker magazines...too many to count, but can't find the classic rags. Have yet to see one of those mentioned with the Sol on the cover.
:agree:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Let the Fiero go, already!

Why do these car rags always remember the "less than favorable" attributes of a car.

Why don't they remember that the last year (1988) that the car outperformed a Porsche 924 for thousands less! Plus, today, the Fiero GT still looks sharp (my opinion)...You could probably show it at the Detroit show in January (with an updated Interior) and it would be a hit...

They do the same thing with the Cadillac Allante. The 1993 Northstar powered Allante went 150MPH! WOW!

I'm really surprised that Motor Trend and the other rags don't nit-pick the Solstice like they do on the other GM Cars!

:rant:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
So far another decent pre-review of a pre-production car. I hope they use "close to" or actual production cars for the one on one comparisons.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Here is Drex's scan attached in here (had to shrink it down to fit). Click Twice to see bigger view.

Thanks Drex :)

Attachments

·
4,592 Posts
"You'll miss hanging the back end out like in a miata or S2000"......say it ain't so :(

·
Registered
352 Posts
I read the review today and I was impressed with their perspective on the Solstice.

Great car for enthusiasts and a welcome new product for GM.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
240ZRX7MiataSol said:
I know what you mean. I'd been to all the large chain bookstores in the area (Barnes & Noble, Brentano's, etc.) and they don't seem to carry the more basic car mags. Then, on the advice of a fellow auto enthusiast in my office, I went to check out the local Qwik-E-Mart. They carry Car & Driver, Motor Trend, and Road & Track. They don't have the October editions yet (where I expect to see the Solstice reviews), so I will be planning to stop in again once the October issues hit the stands. ;)

I won't tell you where they are located, since they only seem to get a few copies of each mag :devil: but I would advise you to check out some of your local convenience stores for these magazines.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
New Motor Trend in Canada

Managed to pick up the new MT today.

One thing I don't get. At the back in the new car buyer's guide NO SOLSTICE listed under Pontiac, but Sky listed under Saturn. Duh isn't Soltice a new car? :rolleyes:

·
5,600 Posts
Lutz comments about the Sky are very interesting, where he says the Sky will be more GT car than pure 100% sports car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts