1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Just saw the show this morning. It's typical Autoweek, and there wasn't anything mentioned that we don't already know. They did say the car was a pre-production model though which (from my previous thread) made me happy. About 70% of the video is front on shots in typical Autoweek fashion, and none of it shows the Solstice going through any paces. But they do show a nice clip on putting the top down (but not back up). All in all worth watching, but don't lose sleep if you miss it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Motor Week

Bonzo said:
Just saw the show this morning. It's typical Autoweek, and there wasn't anything mentioned that we don't already know. They did say the car was a pre-production model though which (from my previous thread) made me happy. About 70% of the video is front on shots in typical Autoweek fashion, and none of it shows the Solstice going through any paces. But they do show a nice clip on putting the top down (but not back up). All in all worth watching, but don't lose sleep if you miss it.
I thought the Motor Week segment was pretty positive and upbeat. The only negative comments I caught were that you have to get out of the car to put the top up or down and no side airbags. They liked the "stylish and roomy cockpit" and the "slick gauge cluster". They did constantly compare it to the Mazda, but I think that's something we'll have to endure. Their closing statement was, "It's a whole new kind of Pontiac and we loved it!"

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
JO ANN O said:
I thought the Motor Week segment was pretty positive and upbeat. The only negative comments I caught were that you have to get out of the car to put the top up or down and no side airbags. They liked the "stylish and roomy cockpit" and the "slick gauge cluster". They did constantly compare it to the Mazda, but I think that's something we'll have to endure. Their closing statement was, "It's a whole new kind of Pontiac and we loved it!"
:agree: It was definitely "positive and upbeat." It was a good review for sure. I was just hoping to see the car put into some tight turns or something. But I knew better anyway from previous threads that said GM asked the magazines not to push the cars 100%.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
dave clancy said:
What color was the outside and inside
Outside = Red
Inside = Black

It's the same car that's been in all the magazine articles I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts