Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all who are interested there is a run up to Mt. St. Helens planned for August 18. You can get all of the details here on the PNWR Webpage.

Information:

Come join us on August 18 for a run up to Mt. St. Helens, specifically we'll be driving on some twisty roads through some beautiful country, visiting the Johnston Ridge Observatory just a stone’s throw from the volcano, looking in awe at a mountain that blew its top off about 30 years ago and then eating some tasty Mexican food.

Here is our agenda:

08:15 AM – Meet at Starbucks in Lakewood (for folks coming from the North only).

08:30 AM – Head down I-5 to Gee Cee’s Truck Stop.

09:45 AM – Meet at Gee Cee’s Truck Stop along I-5 in Toledo, WA.

10:15 AM – Head up to the Johnston Observatory along Spirit Lake Road making a few stops along the way for pictures.

11:45 AM – Visit the observatory, take in the St. Helens film, hike around a bit and take lots more pictures.

1:30 PM – Head back down the mountain. About half of this drive is different from the trip up the mountain.

2:30 PM – Stop in at El Compadre in Castle Rock for a late lunch and yacking about cars.

You’ll need a hearty breakfast, but we’ll provide some snacks to hold you over until our late lunch.

Starbucks (Intersection of I-5 and WA 512)
10314 South Tacoma Way
Lakewood, WA 98499

Gee Cee’s (Exit 57 off of I-5 to the West)
123 Foster Road
Toledo, WA 98591

Event host : Rick Huber (Mysolst at solsticeforum.com or [email protected])

·
Registered
551 Posts
We've requested the time off from work and are looking forward to it!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thanks Rick! We all had a very nice day... and Mt St Helens was beautiful as ever even through the clouds! Pictures on Pacific Northwest Roadsters page on Facebook...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts