Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Sol pics on Pontiac.com for about the hundredth time today and as I was looking at the second pic (silver car, rear high view) I thought to myself how it looks a little weird that the Pontiac arrowhead emblem is above the CHMSL. Then I clicked on the next pic which is the new pic of the black car with the top up and lo and behold, the arrowhead emblem is now below the CHMSL. This looks a lot better to me and I can only assume that this is how it will be in production since this is a new picture...anyone else notice this?

Now if they would just reveal what the OnStar antenna looks like so I can decide if I want the option or not...(I have decided against the XM specifically because of the pimple on the back and I am not optimistic about the OnStar antenna either)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
solsticeman said:
I believe the XM/Onstar antenna are combined. XM is the bumple. The shark-fin on top of the XM antenna is the OnStar.
Saw one yesterday, ... memories of My Favorite Martian!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
C5Vette said:
I was looking at the Sol pics on Pontiac.com for about the hundredth time today and as I was looking at the second pic (silver car, rear high view) I thought to myself how it looks a little weird that the Pontiac arrowhead emblem is above the CHMSL. Then I clicked on the next pic which is the new pic of the black car with the top up and lo and behold, the arrowhead emblem is now below the CHMSL. This looks a lot better to me and I can only assume that this is how it will be in production since this is a new picture...anyone else notice this?
You're not imagining what you're seeing... but man, get a life... I would have never noticed that ;)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAS22 said:
Saw one yesterday, ... memories of My Favorite Martian!
Is there just a single piece of metal (wire coat hanger width) that rises out of the XM thing or something worse?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
C5Vette said:
Good eye, looks like a few small things are still changing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fortimir,

Sadly I thought the same thing when I went to post ;) But my family is sick of hearing me go on and on about another "stupid car" so I figured the people here would understand my obsession....can't wait to actually drive this thing!

·
Registered
275 Posts
C5Vette said:
Fortimir,

Sadly I thought the same thing when I went to post ;) But my family is sick of hearing me go on and on about another "stupid car" so I figured the people here would understand my obsession....can't wait to actually drive this thing!
ha so true! this is a "safe place" to talk about the car!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
C5Vette said:
Fortimir,

Don't worry. This is certainly the place to beat every minute detail to death! We have been doing that for over a year now, with little to no information! Its good to finally be getting some new stuff to talk about! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
They had to move it to comply with a MVSS reg:

The CHMSL must be located at the same height as or higher than the centerline of the normal brake light bulbs

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
These acronyms are killing me...

MVSS
CHMSL

I assume CHMSL somehow stands for "center break light" and MVSS somehow stands for "motor vehicle people who mandate things".

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Fortimir said:

MVSS
CHMSL

I assume CHMSL somehow stands for "center break light" and MVSS somehow stands for "motor vehicle people who mandate things".
Welll... MVSS should be FMVSS for Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards

and CHMSL is Center High Mounted Stop Lamps

·
Registered
275 Posts
Fortimir said:

MVSS
CHMSL

though you were only partially right... i recognize you now!!!

you were the one who always beat me to those acronyms back in school!!! :lol:

actually, the brake light does look better up top and i can appreciate how just a few inches would make it that much more visible to the person behind them. after all, who wants their new roadster to be 'jabbed from behind?'

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Being a manual, you can downshift the engine and not use the breakl...err... CHMSL anyway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
rlhammon said:
Welll... MVSS should be FMVSS for Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards

and CHMSL is Center High Mounted Stop Lamps

Hate to nit-pick, but MVSS is used for any standard that applies both in the US (FMVSS) and Canada (CMVSS)

Our friends up there tend to take most of our regs, although there are a few subtle differences (DRL's for example)

MVSS is just shorthand for saying FMVSS & CMVSS

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
NytLyt said:
Hate to nit-pick, but MVSS is used for any standard that applies both in the US (FMVSS) and Canada (CMVSS)

Our friends up there tend to take most of our regs, although there are a few subtle differences (DRL's for example)

MVSS is just shorthand for saying FMVSS & CMVSS
Not a problem.. I don't use the CMVSS guides at all, but am rather familar with the U.S. standards.... and this being a U.S. produced and sold car I defaulted to the U.S. standard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts