Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Is that the one where the Sol is in an accident? It is a green Sol I think? I saw this when I was flipping around on The Movie Network or HBO so I am not sure. One part that got me was when the dude pics the girl up from the other dude who has a Vette he grabs the girls bag and takes it back to the Sol and puts it into to the cockpit. There is no way that the bag, the dude and the girl could all fit into the cockpit of a Sol!!:willy::brentil::willy:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya they were quick to hide that part:lol: and unfortunately it succumbed to its injuries in that off road skid....................that alone should be criminal.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Okay, what may be surprising and I did not even see it until my 3rd or 4th time watching it, there is a Solstice in TRANSFORMERS!!! If I recall correctly, it's the Jazz guy who dies, which in a corresponding the way GM stopped (or killed off, if you would) the production of Solstices, or Pontiacs in general. So.. yeah, just a little extra movie information :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I saw it the week it came out with my S2000 buddy. As the Solstice made it's appearance, he nudges me and whispers "of course the douchebag drives a Solstice".

I could only groan.

Bob

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ya they were quick to hide that part:lol: and unfortunately it succumbed to its injuries in that off road skid....................that alone should be criminal.
I only saw the movie once and don't own a copy to go check this at the moment, but I think they may have used a different previously damaged car for the accident scene. You'll notice that they avoid showing the hood of the wreck. The main Solstice had a silver strip and appeared to be well maintained. Dax Shepard who wrote, produced, directed and starred in the movie is a car aficionado. I'm sure he has some appreciation for cars like the Solstice. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I was wondering why I never heard about this before...I JUST watched the movie last week. I to, thought 'why does the douche have to drive my car'. #FACEPALM

They actually put that thing through some good driving...and you could tell the driver they used in the scenes knew had to get that thing sideways.

I'd still trade it straight across for Dax's "Get-away" car though :) :)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I only saw the movie once and don't own a copy to go check this at the moment, but I think they may have used a different previously damaged car for the accident scene. You'll notice that they avoid showing the hood of the wreck. The main Solstice had a silver strip and appeared to be well maintained. Dax Shepard who wrote, produced, directed and starred in the movie is a car aficionado. I'm sure he has some appreciation for cars like the Solstice. But I could be wrong.
Awe man I didn't see that now I have to watch it again to check that part out, good thing its on my computer and I can just zip to that part:lurk:

·
Registered
46 Posts
scca model

The stripe was only on the scca model that is what mine is and have never seen another around here ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.