Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got an email from my dealer this morning! The couple ahead of me on the order list wants to wait for the automatic transmission, so I move up a slot. :willy:

And...

Pontiac gave them one more allocation, so my car should get preferenced within the next 6 weeks or so! I may have my Sol for spring break rather than summer vacation!! :party:

Just had to share. :D

--Chemist (very happy with my small (pop. 6109) West Texas town dealership!!)

BTW: 311th post. Perhaps I'll take delivery on 3/11/06!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Good news for a future Texas Solstice owner!!

:) :) :) :)

- bspate -

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Chemist said:
Got an email from my dealer this morning! The couple ahead of me on the order list wants to wait for the automatic transmission, so I move up a slot. :willy:

And...

Pontiac gave them one more allocation, so my car should get preferenced within the next 6 weeks or so! I may have my Sol for spring break rather than summer vacation!! :party:

Congratulations Chemist. I know you must be excited. We also got another three on our allocations.

They must be doing better than expected on production.

Boy that seems hard to believe.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dealernut said:
Congratulations Chemist. I know you must be excited. We also got another three on our allocations.

They must be doing better than expected on production.

Boy that seems hard to believe.
I believe, yes, I believe!!!!! :) :lol: :)

--Chemist

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Chemist said:

And...

Great news!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Built!

Called my dealer and got the good news today: My Sol has been built! The vin puts it at number 3,918. Now just deliver the thing!

·
Registered
705 Posts
That's great Chemist but for me a similar thing was the kiss of death!

I was 4 out of 4 on my dealers first allocation. When GM called in the orders my dealer made an honest mistake and entered me 1st!!! Great, I'm 1st of 4!!! Then the quality hits the fan, my lower numbered car is trapped in the 'Wilmington Tar Pits' while those 'behind' me are now getting their later built cars! I was last, then first, now last :willy: .

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Pterosaur said:
That's great Chemist but for me a similar thing was the kiss of death!

I was 4 out of 4 on my dealers first allocation. When GM called in the orders my dealer made an honest mistake and entered me 1st!!! Great, I'm 1st of 4!!! Then the quality hits the fan, my lower numbered car is trapped in the 'Wilmington Tar Pits' while those 'behind' me are now getting their later built cars! I was last, then first, now last :willy: .
Well, the Bible warned that the last will be first and the first will be last. ;)

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Editguy said:
Well, the Bible warned that the last will be first and the first will be last. ;)
Which always led me to ponder if the ones in the middle were just stuck there? :lol:

The whole day has just been wierd for me as I keep checking my email to make sure I really got the message. :willy:

--Chemist (... and a time for every purpose under heaven. )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts