Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang:

After my order was placed in early June ... it's been little to no news. But recently things have been moving pretty fast.

10/19 Order Accepted
11/12 Broadcasted
11/21 Built
11/22 Available To Ship
11/25 In Transit

I've seen some discussion about tracking some time ago. I understand my my dealer can do that, but can I do it as well?

Thanx!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sorry to tell you, but the answer is no, even though a few people have found the trucking and train company that their car was being delivered by and called them. Most of the time, these companies will only talk to the dealer.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
Sorry to tell you, but the answer is no, even though a few people have found the trucking and train company that their car was being delivered by and called them. Most of the time, these companies will only talk to the dealer.
Have your dealer call. If you ask him nicely I'm sure he will.In transit ( right now) doesn't mean your car is shipped. Heck, shipped doesn't mean shipped either usually. The codes are not correct as of right now. Someone said that GM is trying to correct that.

Mine said shipped 9/19 but really got shipped 10/6 six hour drive to Ct. Where are you from? This would help to find out if it's going by train or only truck. Some trucking company's still will talk to you if you get the right person. Most will only talk to dealer.
Don't forget your's still have to be water tested that could take 1/3 weeks. ( I don't know how back logged they still are seeing they are testing them in Willmington and Baltimore also.

But hang in there for at least a week or two, before you call yours was just made on 11/21.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
deluke said:
Have your dealer call. If you ask him nicely I'm sure he will.In transit ( right now) doesn't mean your car is shipped. Heck, shipped doesn't mean shipped either usually. The codes are not correct as of right now. Someone said that GM is trying to correct that.

Mine said shipped 9/19 but really got shipped 10/6 six hour drive to Ct. Where are you from? This would help to find out if it's going by train or only truck. Some trucking company's still will talk to you if you get the right person. Most will only talk to dealer.
Don't forget your's still have to be water tested that could take 1/3 weeks. ( I don't know how back logged they still are seeing they are testing them in Willmington and Baltimore also.

But hang in there for at least a week or two, before you call yours was just made on 11/21.
Thanks for the counsel ... I'm from southwest Ohio.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
studentpastr said:
Thanks for the counsel ... I'm from southwest Ohio.
I'm not positive but I think yours goes only by truck and I think Allied automotive is doing the trucking.Phone 1-8660263-5720. Like I said give it 1/3 weeks before you try calling if they don't talk to you have your dealer call. Your dealer can also set up an on line tracking. You'll need the 8 last digets of your vin. You dealer can call them and see if it is being trucked only or going by train.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
In the meantime, it's been mentioned that lately the trucking companies have not been "able" to truck to some dealerships, supposedly due to restocking cars in the Katrina affected areas. Therefore a lot of cars are being driven from the railyard to the dealers instead of trucked in.

Anyone heard anything like this? And who would be driving the cars, the trucking companies or someone from the dealership? It would be nice to allow the customer to ride along, just because this car is SO IMPORTANT to each of us!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
studentpastr said:
Hey Gang:

After my order was placed in early June ... it's been little to no news. But recently things have been moving pretty fast.

10/19 Order Accepted
11/12 Broadcasted
11/21 Built
11/22 Available To Ship
11/25 In Transit

I've seen some discussion about tracking some time ago. I understand my my dealer can do that, but can I do it as well?

Thanx!
congrats on moving fast.....ours was built two weeks prior to yours...and still not code 4200 for shipped....things are moving...just dont understand how an order that was built after ours...can be shipped before ours.....but those who got caught up in the QC for the water leak checks are saying the same thing as well..still waiting patiently :willy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts