Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just questioning if the cd player can play mp3 cds. With all the talk of i pods : and such i was just hoping to play my mp3 cds??? :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
Only if you got one of the upgraded radios...the base radio does not play MP3 cds.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Cheapest upgraded radio is like $195 (?) so it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have an MP3 CD player in my corvair, man you can get a good 7 hours of music on one CD... I have all my old 60"s Music on one, Car songs, Rock and roll Songs all sorts of music... I am getting that on my Sky along with the Monsoon sound system... I can Hardly wait!!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
MP3 CDs are a decent way for people with non-huge collections to get as much as they can into a compact place. I remember back-in-the-day (5 years ago) I could fit about 150-180 songs on a CD in data-MP3 format.

At that rate, it would take me about 45 CDs to do it now for my 7,000 MP3s. Not entirely practical, but sometimes, I just have a CD I want to listen to.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I plan on having 6 Mp3 CDs in my Solstice all ripped @ 320kbps:
1 - Metallica's Early Stuff
2 - Metallica's Later Stuff
3 - Depeche Mode's Early Stuff
4 - Depeche Mode's Later Stuff
5 - The Doors (all of their studio stuff, no live stuff)
6 - Juno Reactor (all of their studio stuff, non-remixes)

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Hmmm... and you would think you would have gotten Pure. :lol:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mp3s

Sounds good to me I would of hated if the 300 odd cds I have filled with mp3s were as out dated as me :lol: and my 1,300 hours live dead cassettes any one need any cassettes?????? Now if the upgraded package could play dvd loaded with tunes wooooooo hoooooooo. :cool: ;)

·
Registered
905 Posts
stang said:
Hmmm... and you would think you would have gotten Pure. :lol:
I plan on getting some blue flames extending from the front wheel wells onto the door :)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I think/know Pontiac would have sold a helluvalot more yellow Solstices than white ones.... and because of that, the concentration to the other colors goes up, therefore reducing individuality.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Fortimir said:
I think/know Pontiac would have sold a helluvalot more yellow Solstices than white ones.... and because of that, the concentration to the other colors goes up, therefore reducing individuality.
Never a fan of yellow cars myself. :nonod:

I think white could look really sharp with a blue stripe, black grill and tinted headlights. :cool:

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm not saying that NO ONE will buy white (as some people already have... them being the minority as well)... but there are more people here that wanted yellow. I don't. It was just a point in general.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Hey! There's STANDARD wheels on that red Sol! It seems as if the polished wheels will match the door handles, while the standard wheels will match the windsheild surround and clamshell strip.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Metallica = Good
Doors = Great
DA Peach E Mode = Sucks!!!! Oh I hate this crap!!!!!!!!! Crap crap crap....
Never heard Juno..........
How about some Zeppelin?
My wife thinks some great classical music will do the first Solstice ride best, cranked up!!!!! I have to agree, she is the smartest F'n woman I've ever met.....

·
Registered
905 Posts
Bonzo said:
Metallica = Good
Doors = Great
DA Peach E Mode = Sucks!!!! Oh I hate this crap!!!!!!!!! Crap crap crap....
Never heard Juno..........
How about some Zeppelin?
My wife thinks some great classical music will do the first Solstice ride best, cranked up!!!!! I have to agree, she is the smartest F'n woman I've ever met.....
Juno Reactor is techno, but with an ethnic tone. Heavy on the percussion.

I might have to make an alternate 6 CDs later on with Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, Iron Maiden and Megadeth, but that's way down the road :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts