Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When, in relative terms, can one find out (on the Internet) the Invoice Cost on the Solstice (including the options)? Obviously, you should know this before you walk into a dealership with the intent to purchase your Solstice.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Not available yet. Maybe once the final specs are released stuff like that will surface at various web sites (MSN, Edmunds etc.)

I don't hold out much hope of getting much lower than MSRP the 1st few months due to supply and demand.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
hoffman said:
When, in relative terms, can one find out (on the Internet) the Invoice Cost on the Solstice (including the options)? Obviously, you should know this before you walk into a dealership with the intent to purchase your Solstice.
If you wait till these are available you're pretty much waiting until you can order them. And who knows how many people your local dealerships will be ahead of you by then on their waiting lists. Just get on their waiting list, and sign a contract with them that says you can cancel at any time and get your deposit back from them in full. As long as you do that you've got no problems.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Generally GM withholds exact pricing information until couple months before the vehicles hit dealer lots. It probably correlates with the timeframe where GM will accept orders from dealers. I’d expect pricing no sooner than early this spring, although it would largely depend on when exactly GM will put these vehicles into production. Also, if they are keeping it below $20K, they could possibly announce the actual base price at the NAIAS when they show the production trim vehicle too. It would be a newsworthy thing for them to do, and it would help draw attention back to the car since it will be making its 3rd appearance at the show.

·
Registered
284 Posts
going off of the introduction of the GTO at last year's show, we should know pricing and when we can start ordering them when they announce the car.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
simmonsmb said:
going off of the introduction of the GTO at last year's show, we should know pricing and when we can start ordering them when they announce the car.
The GTO is not the best example to follow, as it is a bit of a freak in the GM lineup because it is imported (I don’t mean the car is a freak, but how it is handled by corporate is). I believe there were some GTO’s on dealer lots by last years NAIAS, or at least they were out shortly after. At any rate, pricing had been announced because production was underway and orders were being accepted by dealers. Its this late startup to production, and the extra time needed from order to delivery (because the cars must be shipped half way across the world) that makes it an odd-ball case.

The Corvette may be a better example. It was introduced in January at the NAIAS with delivery slated for September. However, pricing wasn’t announced for it until somewhere around summer (maybe late May into June, I cannot remember the exact date). It was around the time that GM corporate began accepting orders from dealers, and just a couple months shy of production. This practice seems to be the GM norm, and it is what I would expect from Pontiac.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see what the final base MSRP will be at the auto show, as long as it is below $20K. However, full pricing probably depends on the actual date the car will begin to be produced, and we still have some uncertainty when that will be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts