Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:willy: Has anyone put mud flaps on thier car yet? I live in the country and drive gravel roads till I get to the pavement. I go very slow about 20kms but I am still finding that I am getting rock chips. I am getting them on the bottom corner of the doors mostly the drivers. I was going to put om the 3M stuff but I talked to the guy that does it and he said because most of the chips happen at the edges. The 3M might not help because to is hard to cover edges. then after time they would just have the frayed look. So I did get touch up paint and have been applying it when ever I see a chip. Any other ideas out there besides moving? My husband would love to create a mud flap that could be snaped on and off as needed.This would suit my needs

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yes they have them, see your GM dealer or www.GMPartsdirect.com

The bottom screw is a pain so I'm going to try again and leave that one off and see if it holds ok with just 2 screws.

·
Registered
763 Posts
i had them put on mine at the dealer that front wheel can throw stuff all the way up to the top of the rear fender (like mud)

·
Registered
79 Posts
redhot said:
:willy: Has anyone put mud flaps on thier car yet? I live in the country and drive gravel roads till I get to the pavement. I go very slow about 20kms but I am still finding that I am getting rock chips. I am getting them on the bottom corner of the doors mostly the drivers. I was going to put om the 3M stuff but I talked to the guy that does it and he said because most of the chips happen at the edges. The 3M might not help because to is hard to cover edges. then after time they would just have the frayed look. So I did get touch up paint and have been applying it when ever I see a chip. Any other ideas out there besides moving? My husband would love to create a mud flap that could be snaped on and off as needed.This would suit my needs
I had the dealer install splash guards before I picked up the car. Well worth the money, not only for protection they look good too.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have the mud flaps installed before pickup. I've hit areas with cinders from time to time on the back roads, no chips yet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I installed the front and rear mud flaps - they save on rock chips and also help keep down the dust build up on the rear of the Solstice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer has ordered the splash guards in for me. they should be in ,in a week for me to take a look at. If they look good I will install them,but I was also thinking maybe installing them with the butterfly nuts.So I can take them off when i want to etc. :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mud Flaps.......

Plan to order from the dealer when my car arrives. Small investment, well worth the money! :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I looked through the gallery, but couldn't find any pitures w/flaps installed. Possibly not labled as such. If anyone has pics please post or direct.

Thanks

·
Registered
670 Posts
Splash guards

You have to remember one thing - if you paid $19.95 for them they are mud flaps - if you paid $120.00 then they are splash guards! Installed them myself and went on really easy. The ones that you are suppose to drill a hole for I just reinstalled the fender screw that was there. The large washer holds it in place just fine. I was following our car as my son-in-law drove it and they are exactly the same size as the tires so you can not see them. They blend right in. We got it home from the dealer and it already had splashes and mud under the quarter panels so that was the first thing I installed. While I had the wheels off I painted the calipers red to match the car. They look awesome thru the wheels. (Wal-mart 14.95 - red or blue) :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
MI Sol said:
I looked through the gallery, but couldn't find any pitures w/flaps installed. Possibly not labled as such. If anyone has pics please post or direct.

Thanks
Here's my Mysterious with guards installed: :cool:

#1888 / Black / Splash Guards

1 - 15 of 15 Posts